My good friend Jamie and her cute sidewalk chalk post got me thinking... 'hey I have sidewalk chalk.' Then today my girls spent the afternoon with friends and had so much fun chalking on their driveway that Megan didn't want to come home. So after dinner I found my chalk, took the kids outside on the driveway, and had them each draw part of the Plan of Salvation huge on the cement. It was a hit. We drew, decorated, labeled and reviewed. And somehow even Picachu made it into the plan. Our big diagram then turned into a hopscotch board as the kids jumped from premortal life to earth and then to the celestial kingdom. Fun family home evening, like always. ** obviously our 'blizzard' passed right on through. We're back to 69 degrees and beautiful.

10 comments:
Wow Lisa! You are a wickedly steadfast blogger! That sunds like a fun way to teach the plan of salvation to your kids, and curious neighbors. Great pictures!
Ok, that is seriously the best idea ever! And adorable to boot. How nice to not have exposed aggregate cement anymore...I look forward to that.
What adorable grandkids I have!
What a fun idea! We'll have to wait for a few months (Pokey Idaho you know!) to actually go outside and enjoy some nice weather and use your idea. You are too creative and your kids are too cute!
I love it Lisa. Next time have them draw Lehi's vision. I bet they know all the parts. Some of those chapters in Revelation are pretty visual too!
You always have the best ideas!
Such a great idea Lisa! I'm going to add that to our Johnson Family Home Evening List. I'm glad I could at least inspire an idea! :)
I love that they were playing hopscotch to and from Earth! Cute pictures!
What a super cute idea. I never would have thought to do that with chalk.
Okay, it's official, you need to write a book.
that's a great idea, but of course it is......it came from Lisa! Cute pics. Bumbo's are a great invention, just remember, they are not safe up on high surfaces :)
Post a Comment