Johnson Family

Johnson Family

March 3, 2010

Lucky

lucky jars

March brought back our Lucky jar.  The kids were excited to see it again.  This year a little different… If you complete five jobs (of Mom’s choosing) you can pick TWO slips of paper out of the Lucky Jar and CHOOSE which reward you want… Aren’t they lucky?  They have been motivated to ask for jobs again and are so excited to pick between two rewards… skittles or read a book with mom?  50 cents or sleep in a different room?    Megan recently picked those last two and was SOOOO excited to pick to sleep in Ryan’s room.  In the morning Ryan said, “Mom, it is a pain sleeping by Megan.”  Megan’s reward ended up being punishment for her nice older brother.  Megan said, “Mom, it’s so funny… I went to bed on one side of Ryan’s bed and when I woke up I was all the way by the bed’s cliff!”   Lucky Ryan.

New this year is our ‘Lucky Us’ jar.  Every day everyone writes something they feel ‘lucky’ about and puts it in the jar.   During FHE at the end of the month we’ll pull them all out and read them and talk about how it really isn’t LUCK, but blessings from our Heavenly Father.  Anybody have any fun plans for St. Patrick’s day?

4 comments:

Mom said...

I feel lucky that you are my daughter....and that I have such darling grandchildren.

LeAnn Walton said...

I loved Megan's description of the edge of the bed -- that's a keeper. She's LUCKY she didn't go over the edge.

Lindsey said...

I am lucky that I get to add this to my "Lisa's good ideas" list. It's getting long. My kids better start getting older quick. Scratch that. I want them to be little forever.

Geneva said...

I love this idea...maybe next year? I loved your idea that we aren't just lucky that its actually blessings. I incorporated it into my St. Patrick's Day post and will use that idea for snack time discussions after school with the kids. Thanks for your great ideas!!