Johnson Family

Johnson Family

September 1, 2009

Sneaky service

I found these sneaky service notes while preparing for my yw lesson and thought I'd use them for family home evening last night. I shrunk them down so that four fit on a page and put them in a little envelope. We talked about service, sung my very favorite song "When my Mother calls me, quickly I obey..." and then I handed each person in the family their packet of sneaky service notes and charged them to do sneaky service to several members of the family. They were SO excited. We quickly headed in different directions trying not pay attention to each other. Somebody (Megan) filled up ice and water in plastic cups so everyone could have a drink. Somebody (Emily) made my bed and Ryan's bed. Somebody (Katie) cleaned the family room. Somebody (Ryan) got out the next John Adams DVD all ready to push play and got all the popcorn stuff out ready to make. (We are watching the series with Ryan and Katie and it is so good and has been so fun to do together!) Somebody (me) wrote happy notes to my girls and put them on their pillows. Somebody (Dad) cleaned the girls messy room. There were sneaky service notes placed all over the house. Actually the kids still did sneaky service even though they ran out of notes to leave. When we all gathered back together Katie said, "Mom, that was so much fun! I was so excited to surprise you and when I saw you head upstairs and I couldn't wait to see what you did up there." Sneaky service was so much fun.

4 comments:

David and Mary Walton said...

That is an awesome activity!! We need to do some Sneaky Service around here and then try and guess who did it. Cute idea.

Sarah Walton said...

Sounds like a fun FHE, and yet another clever way to get your kids to clean!

Cathy said...

I love that sugardoodle website and what a great idea, thanks for sharing! I can do it for FHE or for my Faith in God girls. We love our John Adams DVD's too!

Nikole said...

That is a great idea - thank you. I think we will be using it for FHE this week. How did people live without sugardoodle in the olden days?