Johnson Family

Johnson Family

November 1, 2010

Monday afternoon walk.

 horsesfence lake

post

Monday after school the girls wanted to ride bikes and I decided to enjoy the beautiful weather and join them with the boys.  Megan, Emily, and Katie zipped back and forth on their bikes while I pushed Luke and Matthew in the double jogger stroller.

One of the best things about our German house is it’s location.  We are 100 steps from green fields, corn stalks, dirt mounts, rivers, horse pastures, and miles of pathways perfect for riding bikes. It is just surreal… and we LOVE it. 

Ever since daylight savings time (a week before the states) it has been getting dark SO early.  By 5:30 it’s almost pitch black… which means that our afternoon walk is right at sunset.  And the way the sunlight hits everything… well, it just makes me overflow with happiness.  Really, I think I’m the luckiest gal in the world. 

By the time I got home at 5:20 I walked in the door, found Ryan working on a project and said, “We LIVE in GERMANY!” …a phrase we repeat to each other ALL the time to sum up the amazement and awe we feel about actually being here.   That statement alone causes Ryan to immediately spout off all the reasons he loves it here.  And then we have to pinch ourselves (or remember that we have no closets) in order to carry on with normal life.

Anyway… the afternoon walks around here have been pleasant.  That’s all.

 

 

 

katiemeganmatthew

When this kid sits in a stroller he’s practically silent.  (Except if a dog passes by.)

girls ridingKatie and Emily riding their bikes.

riverorange treesriver2 stalks

The last of the cornstalks… almost all of the other fields have been plowed.  We grabbed a few ears of dried corn to use as decoration.

sunset2Our house is behind the tree on the right.

leaves

8 comments:

Ash said...

Of course you have to pinch yourself! It looks like a gorgeous place to live!

Amy Silva said...

Ha ha. That picture of Megan is so funny. She's just a head in the grass.

Lindsey said...

Incredible pictures, as always.

The Starbuck Family said...

What a beautiful place to walk. I love the pictures!

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

So peaceful!

elisha said...

That is amazing you live so close to all of that. Fun to steal corn ears for decorations too ;)

Nikole said...

What an amazing afternoon walk!

Shelley said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to see it all!