My friend gave me the idea to use phrases from our children’s favorite primary songs to decorate the home. I quickly decided to use a phrase from Katie’s favorite song, “We’ll bring the World His Truth” as the ‘title’ of a new family home evening spot on our dining room wall. October’s theme for Family Home Evening was Book of Mormon Stories so each time we talked about one of the stories we added the picture up on our wall.
Early in the month each of the kids picked which story they wanted to help present. Luke’s was first. He picked Enos. He helped tell the story and then demonstrated how to fold our arms, bow our head, and close our eyes for a prayer. Everyday at lunchtime I asked Luke a question about a picture. If it was a question about Enos… he knew it. If it was a question about another story, he said, “No, do Enos. That’s mine.” The kid knows Enos.
Even Matthew points in the direction of ALL of the pictures when I ask ‘where’s Nephi?’ It has been fun to add pictures weekly and talk about the stories together over meal times. Each month we’ll rearrange, and add things to our FHE wall. As an added bonus we seem to want to sing Katie’s favorite primary song each time we pass it. I love it already.
5 comments:
Such a good idea!
I love it!
I love this idea! Katie, that is my favorite song as well. I found out that I may be able to cut vinyl on my cricut too-not as fancy as yours=), but it may still work. I will definitely be trying this at our house.
Great idea. Will have to steal that one! Course we won't have the vinyl lettering
Lisa you always have the very best ideas!
Post a Comment