Johnson Family

Johnson Family

October 11, 2010

One more walk through the city…

Monday Latin quarterWalking through the Latin Quarter.

Monday morning, after packing up and parading all of our luggage 16 blocks back to the parking garage we decided to take another few hours to walk around Paris.  After all… our parking fee covered us until 3:00pm and we just couldn’t bare to leave quite yet.   We walked back down to the Notre Dame, through the Latin Quarter, over bridges, into parks and gardens, and back onto Ile de la Cite, the island which is home to Notre Dame and Sainte Chapelle for a glance at the latter.  (We didn’t go in… we’ll save that one for Dan and Sarah in June)   Another beautiful day in Paris.  Au revoir!

Monday bridgeMonday bench ryan katie Katie, Ryan and Matthew taking a little rest on the park bench on the tip of the island… by Pont Neuf.

Monday boats  Boats along the Seine River

Monday monument2 Monday monument3Monday familyMonday luke statue   Luke by a statue full of ‘heads’ in the middle of the flower garden.

 Monday notre dameThe back of the Notre Dame cathedral.  Also wanted to see the Deportation Memorial right here – memorial to French victims of the Nazi concentration camp – but was closed on Mondays.

Monday notre dame3 Notre Dame Cathedral and the Seine River

Monday notre dame and garden View of the Notre Dame Cathedral from the best smelling flower garden I’ve ever been in.  It was beautiful.

Monday walkI sure do have a lot of these ‘walking from behind’ pictures.  I was usually lagging behind taking pictures of whatever I pleased while Chris kept everyone moving.  He’s such a good travel Husband & Dad.  Seriously, the best. 

4 comments:

Ash said...

What a great "weekend trip"

Elisha and Scott said...

Still truly amazing you guys live there!!!!

Jennifer said...

As always, I love your pictures! It's been fun to follow your family adventures over the last couple of years. I think I'd really enjoy being your neighbor!

Lindsey said...

Sounds like a great getaway.