Our October weather has been pretty nice all month… generally in the mid 50’s… but for a couple days it dipped down to 40 degrees and it just so happened that Megan’s kindergarten field trip was during this cold spell. Katie’s 5th grade class is ‘buddy class’ to Megan’s Kindergarten class. Once a week they come work with their Kindergarten partners on different projects. Today they escorted their kindergarten buddies to the Farm and Katie and Megan were thrilled to be going on the same field trip together.
Luke, Matthew and I bundled up and met Megan’s class to walk out of the base and down the road into the nearby German farm. The farm owner spoke only German but Katie’s teacher translated everything she said. This farm grew every kind of vegetable that is grown in Germany. She help up each vegetable and said the German name while the kids shouted it’s name in English… if they knew it. At the end we chose our pumpkins and then walked back to base. A fun morning.
Megan and her friend Naomi, one of her church friends that is in her Kindergarten class.
6 comments:
I'm all caught up on you guys! I've been so busy lately that I haven't even had time to read blogs! When I went to my google reader to see who had posted I went straight to yours! I couldn't wait to read about all of your adventures! And adventures you have had!!!! Can you believe it has almost been a year since we were together for Thanksgiving? And look at how much both our lives have changed! Whew! What a year with so much to be thankful for! I miss you though! I told Adam that even though we hardly got to see eachother just knowing you are in a different country, across the sea, makes me miss you guys even more! We are hoping we can come and visit either fall of 2011 or spring of 2012! It WILL happen and I think we will even bring the kids!
We need to figure out a time, with the time change to call eachother when both Adam and Chris are home! Maybe on a Saturday morning (our time)/Saturday night (your time). Or you and I can just call eachother during the week and relay everything to the guys! Either way email me your number!
I know this is such a long comment so just one more thing and I'll hit "publish". My cousing McKenna (aunt Lori's youngest daughter) lives in Frankfurt but was in the states visiting this summer/fall. She and a friend of hers came to California a few weeks ago to visit all the California temples and stayed with us one night! When I told her where you guys live she said its not too far from her, maybe a half hour to an hour or so. I told her you have six kids and asked if she'd ever be interested in babysitting for a weekend or something for you guys! She said DEFINATELY and that right now she doesn't have a job so has time and needs to make money. Her husband is German and is in school and is really busy. She's ADORABLE and so sweet! Soooo, let me know if you want her email address and maybe you guys could have a sitter for a little weekend getaway!
Okay, so that's enough of a comment for now! Love you guys so much and miss you even more! Tell your kids and Chris hi for us! Keep the adventures coming!
Love,
Mar
Great pictures! I love the bright orange pumpkins(and cute kids)!
So fun to have Katie helping Megan's class! Cute pics!
I love that picture of Katie with her hat on and all the pumpkins!!
That sounds like such a fun field trip. You are so lucky Megan!
I love Katie's hat.
Post a Comment