Johnson Family

Johnson Family

November 3, 2008

Year of the Cowboy


We had a rootin' tootin' Halloween!


Most of Ryan's pictures have a mean tough cowboy look to them... but this one captures how happy he was to be a cowboy. He loved his spurs, his gun, and his Sheriff's badge.... and had a great time posing for all of his pictures. More on his blog.

Katie was most excited about being a Cowgirl. She actually wanted to be one last year but I told her if she waited until this year then she would have an almost one year old brother that would be the cutest cowboy ever. She agreed it was worth the wait. "I just think I look so good." she kept saying all night. She wore her cowboy boots all weekend long and is even wearing them to school today. Check out Katie's blog for more pictures.


Classic Emily, she was super smiley for the camera. But tonight for some reason she kept laughing hysterically. Chris kept asking, "Emily, what is so funny?" which would only make her laugh more. She's so funny. She was super excited about being a cowgirl, especially because she could have braids 'just like Jesse from Toy Story 2'. She even called herself Jesse all night.



Megan wanted to be a ballerina, which she was for her Preschool Halloween party, but when she saw the hat and boots, she was definitely game for being cutest cowgirl in the posse. Megan loved trick-or-treating and looking in her bag frequently to check out her loot. When I was tired and ready to be done she was happy to quit the door to door and start the eating. She and Emily divided all their candy into piles and went at it.

Luke had absolutely no idea what was going on. Chris kept making all the kids laugh when he told them that Luke really thought we had all turned into cowboys and cowgirls and would keep saying 'Howdy Partner!' for the rest of our lives. Luke loves being outside so he was happy to just hang out, crawl around and scuff up his cowboy boots during our photo shoot. Luke only made it up to a couple houses for trick-or-treating. He held his bag with his few pieces of candy and didn't think much of it but loved watching the kids run and being held by Dad. When he tasted his first sucker back at home then he probably wished he did a few more houses.


Sheriff Ryan and his Deputy, Luke and three beautiful cowgirls.


***Thanks Chris for being the best Halloween Daddy ever. Like always, he comes home from work early, helps get the costumes on, entertains the kids for endless pictures while smiling the whole time (seriously, he's amazing), and after half of us are tuckered out he takes the big kids trick or treating until they decide they've had enough. He always makes it a great night for the kids AND for me. Your the best, babe.

12 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ryan,Katie,Emily,Meagan,and Luke's outfits are so cute. Sounds like ya'll had an awesome halloween!
:)

Marilee said...

Oh my TONS OF FUN and HOLY CUTE!!!! I wish I could convince my kids to dress up the same and be all matchy matchy! I gave up trying a few years ago. Maybe I'll try again for next year! They all look so adorable!!!

Staci said...

i tried soooo hard to get all my kids to be pirates this year but everyone threw a fit about it. i love that your kids matched. i guess i really just love that there was a theme. they are all so cute. i can't wait to see what your kids will be next year with a new baby?

Jennifer said...

I love Katie and Ryan's poses! I think the boys look like totaly studs and who woudn't want to go to a rodeo with one of your girls. You guys seriously make the cutest children!!! Good thing you are having another to give more the oppurtunity to take part in your gene pool. Cute, cute kids!!!!

Ang said...

I love that they match - what a fun idea! They all look so stinkin' cute! It's so fun to dress up and be someone else for a day. Luke is the cutest little cowboy EVER!

The Seaquist Family said...

Costumes are great. love the boots. I can't believe you got such a great picture of all of them! I'm so impressed. Ava is at that stage...so to avoid my frustration I didn't even try. Good job Lisa.

Sarah Walton said...

Oh, they all look so cute. I love the girls' boots! I'm sure they all had so much fun dressing up! Glad you guys had a great Halloween!

Shelley said...

Cutest cowboys and cowgirls ever! I love how they love posing because they know they are so adorable!

Nikole said...

They are the cutest posse I have ever seen. I can't believe you got them all to match so good . . . oh wait, this is Lisa - of course they match perfectly! Sounds like a fun night!

Geneva said...

You guys are so cute! We miss you so much. Love the boots girls!!

Jamie C. said...

They look great Lisa. You're amazing. Gwen would have fit right in with her Cowgirl bandana and hat. But she was in jeans. And she's blond. But otherwise, noone would have even known that she wasn't yours. :)

The Byrd's said...

your family is so cute!!! hope you dont mind I saw your blog on another page. We miss GA but are glad to be in utah with family for now. Takoa misses his friends and we miss the ward. keep in touch
britney