Johnson Family

Johnson Family

October 28, 2009

Megan and Mom’s Fieldtrip to the Fire Station

fire truck copy  Megan copy Megan's class copy

megan2 copy

I was so excited to go with Megan on her first Pre-K fieldtrip.  Chris had the day off because of a double shift the night before so he hung out with the boys and Megan and I headed to school for the big day. 

Megan is loving Pre-K. Of course who wouldn’t with a following like hers.  As soon as we walked around the corner towards her classroom the shouts started coming… “Megan!!!!”   “Hi Megan.”    “Megan’s here!”     “Hi, Megan’s Mom!”     I just love being Megan’s mom.  I felt so popular. 

The kids got in a line and loaded up in the fieldtrip bus.  I sat by Megan, who sat by Collin… one of her admirers.  She beamed.

The fire station was cool. We got to see their kitchen, their rooms, and hear a loud siren.  Then outside all the kids got a turn sitting in the drivers seat, getting a picture with a dressed up fireman, and then took turns actually spraying the big fire hose.  (Accidentally deleted the pictures off my camera.  GRrrr.)  The whole time Megan smiled.  She’s been waiting forever to go on a field trip… and so have I. 

The only down side was that Collin wanted to sit with her again on the way home. She loved it on the way, but on the way home it was just plain irritating.  “Why does he always want to sit by me?”  she whispered with her brows furrowed.    “He likes you Megan… get used to it.”

2 comments:

Amy Silva said...

Sneaky, Lisa. Here I was just checking the blog and seeing the same last post and you snuck this one in underneath. Cute pics.

Nikole said...

Fieldtrips to the fire station are always our favorites too. I love how Megan is looking at your camera while all of the other kids are looking a different way!