Johnson Family

Johnson Family

May 1, 2010

Day at the Strawberry Patch

Our friends, ‘the Starbuck’s’, invited us to go to the Strawberry Patch with them on Friday and we were so excited.  We couldn’t wait for the hour drive through the countryside, the elaborate picnic lunch, the berry picking and many photo ops… but like all of our adventures together the kids favorite part of the whole day was “being with the Starbucks”.  I swear they would be up for anything if it were ‘with the Starbucks’.    After our plans to move to Germany emerged Chris said, “Well, we’ve either got to spent lots of time with the Starbucks before we go and make great memories… OR… we need to be really mean to them so they won’t miss us a bit.”  We unanimously voted for the first option.

Happily, our other great friends, Deirdre and little Ashton, who are always up for anything, came along too.  All the little kids piled in my van and we drove the hour to the Strawberry Patch… which seemed much less than an hour since Deirdre and I were lost in great conversation.  Our picnic lunch was indeed elaborate.  Gourmet picnic maker, Monae, had put together Waldorf croissant sandwiches, cute wrapped seasoned corn on the cobs, and pasta salad and I contributed ham sandwiches, Pringles and SunnyD.

lunch girls copy

Katie, Brianna, Brooke, Emily

lunch megan ericka copy

Megan and Erika

luke at lunch copy close

friends copy

Monae, Deirdre and I

emily luke copy

After lunch we headed out to the fields to get picking.

megan katie copy

Luke and Ashton copy

Katie brianna copy

megan copy

group copy

katie2 copy   emily copy

checking it out copy

I told the kids only three full baskets… so here they are checking out their compiled buckets. 

megan luke copy 

katie brianna2 copy

emily megan luke copy

luke and dirt copy

luke and dirt2 copy

Luke, showing me dirt.  He’s very happy about it.

big four2 copy

The four musketeers… Katie, Austin, Ryan and Brianna

megan3 copy   

full buckets copy

group (2) copy

We ate strawberries for the next week straight.  I quickly cut them ALL up and put them in containers in the fridge.  We had strawberries on ice cream, strawberries on angel food cake, strawberries on our breakfast cereal, strawberry milkshakes, strawberries in our lunches, and real virgin strawberry margaritas.  And now they are all gone.

5 comments:

David and Mary Walton said...

What a fun day and you got some awesom pictures. I wonder what the strawberry patch people thought when they saw all those kids coming their way!! Yikes.

Jennifer said...

Lisa that looks like so much fun. Your strawberries look so yummy. Washington stawberries are so much smaller. Everytime we buy strawberries in the store I check and sure enough they come form California. I love the cute little baskets they had for you. I can't beleive you only have 16 more days left before your grand adventure!!!!!

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

Such a fun day! I need to get copies of the three of us! Oh I will miss you!

Shelley said...

Was it more fun picking them or eating them! Hard to choose I bet! So nice to have such good friends. Don't they want to move to Germany too?

The Starbuck Family said...

Yes, we do want to move to Germany with you too! We are trying to figure out how to sneak on in your suitcases! We had such a fun time picking with you guys!!