Johnson Family

Johnson Family

June 25, 2010

First time on the Hauptstrasse

Thursday we finally went downtown to check out the infamous 'Hauptstrasse'...  A pedestrian only cobblestone street right below the Heidelberg castle full of fun shopping, bakeries and restaurants.


First order of business... lunch.  We decided on a quick bakery instead of a long German restaurant.  The kids were all excited to try something new.  Ryan and I picked tomato and mozarella sandwiches, Katie picked a cheese dipped pretzel, Emily picked a cheese pizza kind of bread  and Chris picked something I can't even pronounce but it was good.  Then we got a few donuts and a cookie cake thingy to go.




It was a hot day so we didn't walk the entire street.  Instead we stopped for gelati and then turned back to spend some more time in the big sports store at the beginning of the street.  (I can not wait to check out this street on a date night!)


6 comments:

Amy Silva said...

Yeah! That's what I'm talking about. I have been dying to see pictures of Germany. Now I can't wait to see some of your new house. That looks like a beautiful area.

Shelley said...

So pretty and quaint! Keep sending more pictures!

David and Mary Walton said...

Wow, I love it all. So gorgeous.

Jennifer said...

Do you or Chris speak German? Is it easy to get around, order food and shop if you don't know the language?

The White Wash said...

I am so jealous. We may not be able to stay away:) Do you love the fanta?? Its strange that its is so much better.

The White Wash said...

I am so jealous. We may not be able to stay away:) Do you love the fanta?? Its strange that its is so much better.