Johnson Family

Johnson Family

August 1, 2010

The park with the Zip Line

1Megan on the zip line1Ryan3Emily

Family Home Evening on Monday night was a scheduled outing.  We were excited to check out the ‘bigger’ park in St. Leon and hadn’t found time, so we wrote it on the calendar for Monday night and the kids were anxiously counting down the days.  There are lots of parks here in Germany, and so far all of them seem to have something unique and exciting.  This one had an extra long slide, a twisty four person swing and a zip line.  The kids spent most of the night riding on the zip line or running along side whoever was zipping by.  The zip line itself wasn’t fast or steep but with an extra big push from Dad they were giggling and spinning the whole way down, fast enough that they had to hang on tight when they hit the other end.  It was a fun night.  Perfect weather… and we had the park to ourselves.

1Katie2

1Katie (3)1Ryan1Megan2

Emily21Katie and Luke 1Megan5

Luke could hang on amazingly tight and loved every minute of it. 

1 Luke on swings 1Luke 1Luke3 1Matthew  Hang on, buddy.

1ice cream copy

After the park we stopped by our new favorite place to get Gelato… right in our own little city.  I think we’ve gotten gelato cones about seven times already and we’re definitely addicted.  It’s so good.  Chris gets a different flavor every time he goes but I always get cherries and cream.  It’s just SOOOO good.  I think we’re going to have to add a ‘Gelato’ category in the monthly budget.

8 comments:

David and Mary Walton said...

I think I want Snicker's Bar. Who got that one? Great pictures. Love the one of Matthew.

Elizabeth said...

That looks so much fun! I love zip lines! The pictures of Katie, Meghan, and Emily are soo pretty,and that picture of Matthew is too cute! I miss you guys soo much!
-Elizabeth
p.s. that gelato looked yummy!

Marilee said...

I LOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE Gelato and may have to come visit just so I can get some! :-)

Geneva said...

Whoever got chocolate and Snicker Bar is my friend for sure!! Awesome park...a zip line...does that meet California Safety Standards??

The Starbuck Family said...

That picture of Matthew on the zip line is so cute!! He looks more and more like Luke everyday. What a fun FHE, exploring and ice cream are a sure hit. I am assuming that Gelato is just like ice cream? only yummier?

Amy Silva said...

Oh man I love gelato. I like most of the fruity flavors, but my favorites were strawberry and pear. Oh and that picture of Matthew is adorable. Good catch.

Shelley said...

So fun to have so many parks! Oh, and gelato every day sounds like a great idea!

Nikole said...

Wow, I want a park with a zip line like that! That looks like a lot of fun. The gelato looks yummy too =)