I love love love my German nutcrackers, but my new favorite Christmas decoration is my German Schwibboge which I purchased in Seiffen, Germany (the home of all things German and Christmas) earlier this year. I bought a Mueller brand and have realized lately what a good deal I got on it. It was drastically reduced because it was the floor model and the wood discolored – which happens to all Schwibboges after a few years. Mine is just ‘experienced’ and so I got it for right around 200 Euro instead of 470 Euro. We LOVE it! It reminds me of so many of the German villages with onion topped churches we drive by all the time. Definitely a fun thing to have as a souvenir of living here.
Chris’ FATHER FROSTS are new this year as well. Chris happens to be a big Christmas guy so he fell in love with these while in St. Petersburg, Russia. He picked out both of the large ones there and found the small one when we were in Prague.
The bookshelf and our red Christmas book rack…
Christmas Advent… filled with all kinds of ‘activities’ this year and Buddy the Shelf Elf…
Christmas cards so far…
Willow Tree Nativity that I still love so much…
New Christmas quilt from Grandma Johnson…
Oranges, nutmeg, cranberries, cinnamon sticks and cloves (from the Petersons) to make my house smell so Christmasy and Katie practicing her Christmas songs making my house sound so Christmasy.
2 comments:
I noticed the Schimogge(sp??) in your other post! It's really beautiful. We can't wait!
Great Christmas decorations! I love my Willow Tree Nativity too! Thanks to you :)
Post a Comment