At 3:00am Chris heard noises in the hallway and our bedroom door close. Unaware of the time he figured Ryan was getting ready for seminary and had thoughtfully closed the door. Then he looked at the clock. What? 3:00am. He got out of bed, opened the door and saw Megan standing in the hallway. “MEGAN? What are you doing?” Then he saw Emily and Katie. “GIRLS! It’s 3:00am – Go back to bed.” “We’ll only be up for a minute Dad” they said, holding secret Valentine hearts behind their back. Without further questioning Chris headed back to bed. In the morning we found that our door had been HEART ATTACKED. The girls had secretly made all kinds of cute Valentine hearts with messages for us the previous Saturday and had carefully planned their middle of the night secret. How cute is that? Thanks, girls. You guys are so awesome! What a fun surprise. Emily and Megan took their Valentines and candy to school for their class party.
For lunch, the boys and I visited Katie and her friends in the Middle School lunchroom. The school had planned a great ‘Valentine’s Day – Eat with your Student LUNCH’. The lunchroom was all decorated. The choir was singing embarrassing love songs to students who’s friends had paid for them to be sung to. And all the parents and siblings got cake and drinks. It’s always fun to hang out with Katie and her friends. They are such good girls. All the girls decided to pay for Emily to be sung to (Rebecca’s twin – not pictured) but she was sick that day so Katie and Mercedes went up and changed her name to Rebecca’s. She was pretty shocked when her name was called but was a good sport to be sung to while her friends all giggled at the table.
Ashlenne, Rebecca, Mercedes, Amanda and Katie – 7th Grade
Once back at home I heart attacked the dining room, set the table with my new RED plates, made Valentine’s for each of my kids and sweet hubby and got everything ready for Belgium Waffles with strawberries and whip cream for dinner. Just before dinner Katie emptied the pink Valentine mailbox and handed out the Valentine’s that had been written to each other throughout the last week – all of which I didn’t get a picture of. Then after dinner I gave each kiddo their bag of sweet treats to snack on for dessert. Lots of pink and red Valentine’s love around here.
Our evening turned to homework, eagle scout project stuff, more homework and all things non-romantic. Good thing Chris and I had a Valentine’s Weekend trip starting the next morning.
And I just have to write down the words on the card I bought for Chris because they are amazingly perfect… and I really do love him more than anything.
“My definition of happiness is really pretty simple.
It’s being with you, my partner and best friend,
sharing the everyday moments that shape our lives,
the someday dreams that fill our hearts,
and the remember-when conversations that tell the history of our love.
My definition of happiness is us.” SO TRUE. I love ya, babe. Happy Valentine’s Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment