OK. Today is the day when I start blogging and try to get back on track. I can’t believe how little I really got recorded last year and I’m hoping this year will be an improvement. To start off, I’m going to write a little “Ten for Today”.
- We had a district pronounced ‘late-start’ because of all the snow this morning. We were informed last night so we got to sleep in, which was wonderful. Every tree branch was covered in snow and frozen there and with blankets of white all over the ground and the blue skies above it looked just beautiful.
- I got my first Mammogram today. Chris booked the appointment for me a month ago, anxious to have it done before we got out of the army. In the last couple of days I’ve chatted with my girls and explained the procedure and they cringed and wished me luck. Truthfully it wasn’t bad at all. It was kind of fun, since Chris is the Chief of the Mammo Department at the Hospital. The Mammo techs and department ladies he works with are great. After the images were taken I popped in next door to where Chris was pulling them up for an OK. Chris told the ladies that he was going to take me to lunch because of ‘everything I’d been through’ – and the ladies started spouting off additional ‘caring husband to-do’s --- ‘she needs jewelry too’. -- ‘and she can’t do the dishes tonight’ -- ‘and she mustn’t do any vacuuming for six weeks’. -- ‘and a backrub would sure make her feel better.’ It was pretty funny.
- We ate lunch at a Thai place together. We love a good chicken curry with rice.
- I worked on the kids Family History binders today. I’m really motivated to get them all organized. We read and talked about my ancestor… Samuel Wittwer for FHE last night, which was so interesting. He was born in Bern, Switzerland – which I’ve been to. I love Family History.
- I ordered a skirt for Mike and Carly’s Wedding. They are getting married on March 7th in the Gilbert, Arizona Temple and the colors are navy, grey, blush pink and cream. The men will be in navy suits and the ladies will be in blush pink skirts and cream shirts. I hope it fits and I like it when it comes…
- I couldn’t help but smile as Matt, Luke and I sat in the front room this evening and I listened to them simultaneously read their different leveled BOB books to me. Nothing like killing two birds with one stone. They have to read each book twice in a row – the second time with expression – and then they get to put a sticker on the outside of their book.
- Chris worked at Memorial tonight so he didn’t get home until 8:30. Tomorrow night too. He works too much – looking forward to finding out if he’s going to be getting the GS position. The paperwork is in and we’re just waiting. But, everything looks good.
- My house feels so clean/undecorated with all the Christmas stuff away. It’s always so fun to get all the Christmas stuff out and so fun to put it all away. We put it away later than ever this year with so much company in town.
- I can hear the constant swish of the washing machine in the room behind me and I’m grateful for kids who switch over the laundry all afternoon and evening. Megan, Emily, Katie and Ryan have to do fifteen minutes of laundry each day as part of their Responsibility Charts. They talked me into letting them do double laundry if they could watch a show tonight after everything else was done. I even rolled my eyes a bit to let them think I was really doing them a favor. ; )
- I love the Stress Relief Eucalyptus Mint Body Wash from Bath and Body Works. And I love hot baths before bed. : )
3 comments:
I love this Lisa. I know what you mean. I am trying to get back on the blogging bandwagon. It makes me sad how much I missed from the last year.
Great job, Lis!! Maybe I'd feel like I'm getting more done if I wrote about it....but that's harder than doing the things! (wedding...March 7th!)
Fun to read!!!
Post a Comment