I told Megan I wanted a few pictures of her and she gave me a few sassy poses until she said, 'That's enough Mom" and ran to play with the other kids.This girl is something else... well, ok, maybe I've had a couple others just like her... independent, silly, energetic, creative, stubborn... yep, a perfect little three year old rascal.
A couple weeks ago this rascal cut her hair. Not just a little. She grabbed a huge chunk right in front and cut bangs right above her eyes. Actually she did a pretty good job, I mean they're pretty straight at least. You can tell in the second picture all the little hairs sticking out of her ponytail. Luckily they are long enough to go back but during most of the day this girl has thick brown bangs. The day after she did it she was looking in the mirror and said, "Mom, I think I'm in Camp Rock!" She looks exactly like the main actress with thick brown bangs.
Maybe it's cuz she's bored. She misses Emily terribly while she's at school and Luke is not quite ready to follow her directions. I've tried to step up to the plate with play doh time, puzzle time, and even bought little alphabet and number books to have school time... all of which she loves because I am right there beside her.
She still loves Dora and Backyardigans and the Leapfrog movies and likes the new show 'Kai-lan'... the chinese version of Dora.
She loves to eat. She wants to snack all day long. A couple of days ago she came and asked if she could have a popsicle. When I said yes she pulled the popsicle out from behind her back -- wrapper off and everything. What a character. She often tells me to 'Look at the clock". When I say, "The clock says it's 9:15 and not time for a snack." she gets mad and says, "Well, then look at a different clock!" One time she was even so bold as to get on a chair and move the hands of the clock. She thought she was so brilliant. Then she asked me to "Look at the clock again". When I did I was both frustrated and silently amused.
The other day she said, "hey mom, check it out." I said, "Did you just say 'check it out'?" She said, "Ya, that's my 'check it out' thing that I say." What a character.
She loves it when the kids come home. She loves to go anywhere with Dad. She loves to play Pokemon with Ryan and house with Emily. She's pretty easy going actually. Almost always happy and fun.
She cracks me up. She is full of life, full of smiles and full of surprises.
7 comments:
I definitely think you should take a bangs picture just so the rest of us can get a visual. Good thing she's so cute so you can't stay mad at her very long. I miss you guys!
My kids go every other year at the beginning. They are naughty at 1, but 2 is great. 3 year olds are stinkers, but 4 is fabulous! 5 is the sassy age at our house, but 6 is so sweet! After that they are in a good pattern until they reach about 12. We'll see if that age is easier with a boy. Girls girls girls!!!
Those are the funniest stories about her. And I had never thought about it, but you are totally right, Kai-lan is a Chineese version of Dora...funny.
She is so cute!!!
Megan you are a hoot. I can't believe you move the clock hands. You may be a stinker, but definitely a super intelligent one!! Watch out mom and dad. Tell your mom to please send me the font from this post that has your name in orange....and any others that are cute new ones I may not have!!
Megan is too cute and too funny! I love her little sassy side! Everything she does sounds adorable to me.
Megan is such a crack up. Thanks for sharing her funny things to make us laugh too!
Post a Comment