One day in church she put her piece of paper in front of my face and told me to read this word...
"punkuwashenmarek"
Any guesses? I'm sure you'll get it if I give you the whole context.... Her paper said... "Thar is three thing's you can put at the end of your sentet's. Thay are pereid kwoshtenmarek and punkuwashenmarek." Tranalation... There are three things you can put at the end of your sentences. They are period, question mark and punctuation mark. (I think she means exclamation mark since that's what's pictured at the bottom of her paper... but you get the idea.)
She is the top 'popcorn' reader in the whole kindergarten class. That means she passed off all 250 'words Kindergarteners need to know' FIRST. She is super smart. Now I guess we need to focus on spelling.
Any guesses? I'm sure you'll get it if I give you the whole context.... Her paper said... "Thar is three thing's you can put at the end of your sentet's. Thay are pereid kwoshtenmarek and punkuwashenmarek." Tranalation... There are three things you can put at the end of your sentences. They are period, question mark and punctuation mark. (I think she means exclamation mark since that's what's pictured at the bottom of her paper... but you get the idea.)
She is the top 'popcorn' reader in the whole kindergarten class. That means she passed off all 250 'words Kindergarteners need to know' FIRST. She is super smart. Now I guess we need to focus on spelling.
7 comments:
That was good. she is was pretty close. :) she is so smart.
That was darling. Dad got it right away because that is the way he spells!
I love her slepping. It makes way more since than the way most of the words in the English language are spelled! She is sooo smart. I bet you just love having great readers. When do your kids get out of school. Are you staying in town for the holidays? Are you up for Chase coming for a short visit. If I can remember I will try calling tomorrow. Maybe I should write it on my hand.
Emily could make her own spelling rules, it totally made sense! She is just too smart and too cute with her little notes and pictures. Can't wait to see you on Monday!
Invented spelling is the best. I love how logical it is for young kids. Then we have to go and ruin it by teaching them spelling rules and the real trouble begins! What a smartie!
She is such a cutie! It took me a bit to figure out what that was, but I have to say - I'm impressed she's trying to write a big huge word like that!
Emily - you are so smart! That was awesome how you spelled that word!
Post a Comment