Johnson Family

Johnson Family

May 8, 2010

Happy Mother’s Day

mom and kids

Exactly ten years ago my Mom gave me a book for Mother’s Day called “Will you still be my daughter?”  I was pregnant with my first daughter at the time, although I didn’t know she would be a girl until she was born.  The book is about a mother and daughter tree… and it’s just such a cute parable.  I can’t read it without crying.  Sobbing, actually.   This Mother’s Day before reading the pile of Mother’s Day cards from my kids I pulled this book out and read it to my kids… and I sobbed.   At the end of the story I asked, “Why do you think I’m crying… do I just love trees?”   “No, because you think it’s righteous”, Megan said.     The truth is I can’t put into words my emotions about being a mother.   It’s just as wonderful and amazing as I always knew it would be.   Thank you to my six wonderful kids whose cards have endowed me with title of ‘best mom in the whole WIDE world’ and who, by just being here, have made my life simply amazing.

2 comments:

Nikole said...

I love that picture! What a great idea to take a picture of you with all of your kids on Mother's Day.

Mom said...

You made me cry too just reading this...and remembering that book. Beautiful picture.