Johnson Family

Johnson Family

May 26, 2010

Here we go



2 large suitcases
3 medium suitcases
6 small suitcases
1 rolling duffel bag
1 double stroller
2 carseats
1 golf club bag
5 backpacks
1 purse
6 kids
2 parents
and a lot of stares and pointing.

We ended up checking half of our pile and were left with Dad pushing the stroller with Matthew in the front and then each kid pulling a small suitcase in single file... even Luke.  He loved it.  I was the caboose and got a perfect view of everyone pointing and counting.  Ryan said, "Mom, why don't you have to pull a suitcase?" and I said, "Because I  PACKED every one of them."

Our itinerary for the next couple weeks...

Wed, May 26... Fly to Salt Lake City...  stay overnight with Chris' parents
Thurs, May 27- Fri May 28...  drive down to Las Vegas to spend with Chuggs and Whites
Fri, May 28 - Fri, June 4th... Johnson family reunion in St. George
Sat, June 5th - Sat, June 12th...  Walton family reunion in Kaysville and in Zion National Park
Sun, June 13 - Mon, June 14...  Two more days with Johnsons
Tues, June 15...  Fly back to Atlanta, stay in hotel close to airport
Wed, June 16...  6:00 pm flight to Frankfurt
Thurs, June 17...  Arrive in Frankfurt -- shuttle to Heidleburg!!

9 comments:

Geneva said...

I think I would have been one of those pointing and staring and counting....and then realizing oh yeah, I look exactly the same way when I travel!!

Elizabeth said...

I hope you guys have ton of fun in Germany! I miss you a lot. Come back and visit!

Love Elizabeth
P.S. I updated my blog:)

Elizabeth said...

I hope you guys have ton of fun in Germany! I miss you a lot. Come back and visit!

Love Elizabeth
P.S. I updated my blog:)

KunzlerKlan said...

Good luck with this new adventure! We wish you all the best, and look forward to hearing all about it.

Jennifer said...

Good luck guys! I can't wait to hear about all the European Johnson adventures!

Jennifer said...

Your picture outside the airport is priceless!! We're wishing you the best on your big adventure. It's been so fun to follow your blog. I'm happy to have gotten to "know" you. Can't wait to hear about Germany!

The Seaquist Family said...

I see all that luggage and all I can think of is moving back to the mainland from Hawaii. Before the airline restrictions....I think we had that much stuff and we only had 2 kids. Yikes! HOpe all your travels go well, that everyone has fun, no one gets hurt, everyone stays healthy, etc. Good Luck.

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

We miss you!! Love the photo and the one of all the kids with the Starbucks is such a good photo. Baby has not arrived. I will email when she does. Cannot wait to see all the fun photos of your Summer adventures.

Marilee said...

Minus 1 kid and a few suitcases, that is what happened to us when we came to Georgia. I loved being the caboose too! The people counting were hilarious when they realized I'd caught them! We had a chat in the car on the way to your house from the airport about remembering who we are and acting the way Heavenly Father wants us too because we are ALWAYS being watched. ESPECIALLY when we are walking single file through an airport! HAHAHA!!! I'm most impressed by the BIG smile on YOUR face! You are THE woman!!!