Johnson Family

Johnson Family

August 19, 2010

A favorite book…

1Double Trouble

During reading time this week we reread Double Trouble in Walla Walla.  I love this book.   I loved it when I taught 2nd Grade 13 years ago, but I think I love it even more now that I’m a full fledged six kid mom…  because really, this is how I speak now.  I love saying ‘flippy-flops’ instead of flip-flops.  I say ‘jammy-jams’ when I tell the kids to get their pajamas on. I love saying ‘lovey-dovey’, ‘poopy-loopy’, ‘handy-dandy’, and ‘super-duper’.   I use ‘girlie-girl’  or ‘girlie-whirlies’ when speaking to my daughters. I say “jump-a-jump” on the trampoline.  I love saying ‘fancy-schmancy’.  I say “Meg-a-Meg”  and “Emma-Lou” and “Lukey-Luke”.    I even say some words twice just for the heck of it.  It’s kind of fun.  And boy do I love saying Hallelujah and breaking into song.   I just like saying silly words.   I didn’t used to talk like this and it’s definitely gotten worse over the last couple years.  But it makes me happy and reminds me  how fun it is to have a house full of kiddos who think I’m silly… cuz I am.  Super-duper silly.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

I'm always looking for a great new book, so thanks for the tip on this one! I'm full of silly words, too, and I just hope it stops by the time the kids are out of the house :).

The Seaquist Family said...

I've never heard of that book. I'll have to look into getting a copy. Great to be able to be so silly....life is too serious, silly is much better!

Sarah Walton said...

I've never heard of that book either! We'll have to see if our library has it.

Shelley said...

SILLY BOOKS AND TALKING SILLY...WHAT COULD BE MORE FUN!!!

Marilee said...

You are TOTALLy a silly willy dilly and a super duper mom!

Jennifer said...

I love Andrew Clements! He is one of my favorite authors. And I had no idea that he had published a picture book! Going to the bookstore this week! You picture is wonderful too Lisa.