Johnson Family

Johnson Family

October 17, 2011

Superstars in the Spotlight Lounge

After showering and getting ready we met at the Spotlight Lounge for a little karaoke before dinner.  We got there right at 7:00 and pretty much had the whole room to ourselves.  Geneva and Doug, our group’s main ‘karaoke lovers’ sang a few songs and then we decided to do a ladies song… “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun”   … and it was fun – with a live band and everything.   There was some crazy stage lighting so the pictures look a little freaky, but it was a good time.

karaoke group2karaoke doug jared lisakaraoke groupkaraoke girls3

karaoke girlskaraoke girls2

The boys followed suit…

karaoke guys4karaoke guys karaoke guys2karaoke guys3

At the end of each performance they gave us Spotlight Louge SUPERSTAR LIVE lanyards and we wore them heading off to dinner.

karaoke group3

**  The previous night Chris and I went with Jared and Geneva to the Ocean Plaza to watch Geneva sing some Karaoke songs.  We were close to the table where people were looking through the list of songs and signing up.  One lady who may have had too much to drink, came up excited to talk to Geneva and the rest of us about singing karaoke.  She was older, busty and completely decked out in sequins.  That alone had me smiling.  But because it was so loud and she couldn’t hear our friendly comments, she bent right over in front of Chris, giving him the grand (and I mean grand) view of her cleavage.    Well that was it.  I lost it.  I could NOT contain my laughter and ended up hunched over with my face covered and leaning on Chris’ lap.  Geneva held it together and when the lady looked at me with a strange look, Geneva covered for me and told her I was really tired.  Maybe I was tired and that’s why it was so darn funny.  When I finally regained my composure I sat up and had to bite my lip so I wouldn’t start laughing again.  She smiled and told me that I needed to have more energy because I was young.  We all thought it was pretty funny.

More funny Karaoke stories to come…

1 comment:

Geneva said...

You've been cruising on these posts friend!( no pun intended) I forgot about my karaoke friend... or maybe she was Chris' friend? Love your commentary and the picture of Terri in the infamous green car BEFORE the alleged incident!