I tucked Luke in last night, sat on his bed and asked him questions for 15 minutes…. something I used to do with Ryan and Katie ALL the time but haven’t done a lot with the little boys. They usually get a tuck and a tickle – which sometimes leads to a whole lot of tickles because they both love it, – but beyond that I am ANXIOUS to get them ‘put away for the night’ so I can have some time with my main man.
Matthew was downstairs so it was just Luke and I and he smiled and giggled all the way through the questions. Half way through he said, “Mom, we’re having such a good time, aren’t we?” We really were. I’ve got to do that with all of my kids more.
When you are in school like the big kids, what are you going to be the best at… reading books, spelling words, doing math questions, figuring out where places are on a map, doing games and sports at recess, learning about science?
Luke: all of them. … except the map thing
What sport do you want to play when you are Ryan’s age: Soccer, Basketball, Football or Baseball?
Luke: Football
Where do you think you’ll go on your mission… Canada, Mexico, the United States, Europe, China, India, Australia…
Luke: What was the second one you said?
Mexico?
Luke: Yep, that’s where I’m going to go.
When you grow up and get ready to get married…
Luke starts smiling and giggling.
Luke, why are you smiling?
Luke: Because it’s funny when they kiss and stuff.
When you grow up and get ready to get married, how will you ask the girl to marry you?
Luke: I will say… “Hi, I’m a hairy man!!!” wiggling his whole body around and being silly.
But then she’ll run away. What if you really like her and you want to marry her?
Luke: Oh, I will have a card all about marrying me and then she will want to marry me and then I’ll have it behind my back and then give it to her.
When you and your wife have your first baby do you wish the baby will be a boy or a girl?
Luke: I want the girl to be older because I want to see the little girl baby first because girl babies are so cute to me.
What do you think is the scariest or hardest part of being a Dad?
Luke: To find a son when he gets lost and the son forgot to stay in one place.
3 comments:
That is so cute. Don't tell anyone else, but I think Luke is my favorite little kid of them all. He's just so fun and sweet.
It's a good thing he has you to steer him away from the "hairy man" approach for his proposal! That's so cute. Where at you guys moving to in the States?
Cute!
Post a Comment