We had a couple good snow days the week before Valentine’s Day and spent a good chunk of them making Valentine’s for all of our cousins. I found these cute envelopes online and we filled them with Valentines and candy. Fun snow day activities – especially for my girls, who love a little crafting and adore their cousins.
Thursday, the 13th was the official Valentine Party Day at the elementary school because of no school on the 14th. First, Megan’s class. I manned the ‘decorating Valentine bags table’. They also played a cute ‘collect the Conversation hearts’ with chopsticks game and ate treats.
Handing out Valentines was pure pandemonium but I got their attention for a quick wave before they finished.
In Luke’s Kindergarten class, they did the handing out Valentine’s first. It took longer since the kids had to sound out everyone’s names and then find it.
Next, they made cool pipe cleaner creations with a fun pencil. Luke made a mustache and then an ocular.
Lastly I headed up to 5th grade to hang out with Emily and her class. Just as much pandemonium. They kids decorated Valentine bags, ate treats, handed out Valentines and just chatted. Fun to see her and her friends.
When the kids got home they dumped everything out to have a look. Matt was pretty excited to check out Luke’s things. Soon, Matthew, soon!
On Friday, Valentine’s Day we let the kids open up a little Valentine’s present from Chris and I.
We also got cute Valentine’s from Megan. She is such a sweetheart. I found a few of them and had to write them down…
To Luke: Happy Valentine's Day. I love you so so so much. You are such a wonderful brother. I’m so happy to have you as my brother. You are adorable, and irresistible. I love your songs and love to be around you. Love your amazing sister, Megan.
To Matthew: Matt, I love you so much. Happy Valentine's day! I love to be around you. I love to play with you, especially the game ‘house’ when you’re my little boy. You are so cute. I adore you and I love your hugs. I am so happy that you are my fabulous younger brother. I wish you happy days. Love your amazing older sister, Megan.
To Mom: Happy Valentine’s Day. I love you amazingly so much. I am so glad to be your daughter. You are beautiful and I like when I look at you. I think you are one of the best mom’s ever. And a great, great, great cook. I love you and your style! Love your marvelous daughter, Megan.
Isn’t she the cutest? Love that letter writing girl!
After some Valentine love with the kids we left them home and went out to Biaggi’s with Amy and Chris – who were visiting for the weekend. A great Valentine’s Day.
1 comment:
Matthew looks so old!! You're kids are growing up!
Post a Comment