Megan picked French Toast for her birthday breakfast. Nice to have a Conference Sunday – instead of 9:00 church, so we could enjoy breakfast together.
After both sessions of Conference Megan opened her presents…
I love that my kids love to give each other cards. Luke was pretty excited to have Megan read every word. Man, I love his facial expressions!
Cards from Emily and Katie…
I am a big Little House on the Prairie fan… so is Katie. I think she and I have watched the entire series through twice… once in Washington and once in Georgia. Emily remembered bits and pieces but Megan remembered even less. When we watch the ones recorded on our DVR Megan is always the one saying, “This doesn’t make sense to me. We need to watch it from the beginning.” And I couldn’t have agreed more. Megan got Season 1 and Season 2 of the newly remastered picture quality DVD’s. Can’t wait to watch them with you Megan!!
A new book, a perfect t-shirt for soccer practice, Disney Headbanz and Twister and a trip to Barnes and Noble with Mom to pick out something special and get her free birthday cupcake! Happy Birthday, Sweetheart!
The next day I took treats to Megan’s school class. Ryan and Katie came with Matt and I since they were already home from school. Megan felt pretty special to have them there – it’s not very often that she gets a little red in the cheeks because of so much attention. She handed out the cookies while I talked to the class, introduced Megan’s siblings and asked if they could sing Happy Birthday to Megan with me – which they did and then waited patiently for Megan to sit down and take her first bite. Class tradition. Then they all dug in. After a minute Ryan came up to me and said, “Mom, you really were a teacher.” I looked a little confused as he began again… “Mom, you knew exactly how to talk to the class and what to say and you sounded exactly like a teacher.” It made me laugh. “Ryan, I’m sure I use that voice all the time with you guys at home.” “Nope,” he said, “That was definitely a teacher voice. That’s so cool.” Pretty funny – It’s been a long time since I had my own class of 2nd Graders… almost 16 years to be exact – but I guess some things you never forget.
Ryan, Katie, Matt and I visiting Megan at school to celebrate her birthday.
1 comment:
I love all those homemade cards-so sweet. And the teacher voice made me laugh. Happy Birthday Megan!
Post a Comment