Johnson Family

Johnson Family

November 1, 2014

In a Galaxy Far, Far Away…

This was the year.  The year the stars aligned and everyone wanted to be a Star Wars character.  You might think that I pressure my kids into a theme.  I don’t.  I used to – but honestly there was very little pressuring and much more excitement at new costumes.  These days I’m surprised that the theme idea is still a big hit.  The kids are coming up with more ideas that we’ll ever have years to do.   Mario characters was a big contender – but in the end they decided on Star Wars.  I was pretty happy with that idea since Matt and Luke already own Star Wars costumes and have never worn them Trick or Treating.  Ryan and Katie did not want to be left out of this years fun either.

kids costume-1

Ryan – Obi Wan Jedi Master

Ryan costume-7Ryan costume-1Ryan costume-6Ryan costume-5Ryan costume-9Ryan costume-2Ryan costume-8

Katie – Awesome Jedi Girl … she told everyone she was Luke Skywalker’s girlfriend.  “It’s recent” she said.

Katie costume-4Katie costume-2Katie costume-3Katie costume-1Katie costume2-1

Emily – Princess Leah – Of course Emily was Princess Leah.  She definitely has the best hair for it.  She loved her costume.  So perfect for her!

Emily Costume-1Emily Costume-5Emily Costume-3Emily Costume-6

Megan – Padma  - Love this girl

Megan costume-1Megan costume-8Megan costume-4Megan costume-2Megan costume-3Megan costume-9Megan costume-5

Luke – Luke Skywalker of course

Luke costume-2Luke costume-9Luke costume-8Luke costume-1Luke costume-11Luke costume-3Luke costume-5Luke costume-6Luke costume-7Luke costume-4Luke costume-10

Matthew – Darth Vader – Matthew loves all things Darth Vader.  Matt sure loved dressing up and really ‘getting into character’.  He was battling everyone and took down Jedi Katie a couple times.  Man, that’s a cute Darth Vader!

Matt costume-1Matt costume-10Matt costume-3Matt costume-12Matt costume-9Matt costume-2Matt costume-6Matt costume-5Matt costume-13Matt costume-11

Such a fun Halloween week.  On Wednesday we had the Ward Trunk or Treat and Carnival which was really well done and had a lot of fun activities.   On Friday, Halloween night,  we had 9 families of Cordera friends over for crock pot soups and then trick or treating, games of pool, pumpkin bars, hot apple cider, Hotel Transylvania movie for the kids and lots of talking.  Such a great night.  I love that we have so many good friends here!

4 comments:

Sarah Walton said...

Oh wow! They all look so great! Love how they all get so into character.

The Starbuck Family said...

Amazing! I love Halloween themes! Did you make those costumes? They are all so perfect for your kids. LOVE.LOVE.LOVE. your pictures as always. Such a fun idea to have a crock pot dinner before and fun activities with friends afterwards-miss you guys!!!

David and Mary Walton said...

Love your Halloween photo shoots! They all look amazing!!

scott said...

I love that they love to match!!!! Cute cute cute kids!!!!!