Ryan send us home a package of things he didn’t need but wanted to keep from the MTC as well as some t-shirts and personalized letters to each of us on the backs of these pictures of Christ. I’m sure it took him forever to write out. We took time one Family Home Evening to have everyone open their scriptures to reference he gave us, and read our letter aloud. It was a great night. So grateful for his testimony, words of love and wonderful example.
The girls and Dad and I got ADRIACTIC SOUTH MISSION T-shirts, which have been fun to wear.
Dad, I am so grateful that I, like Nephi have been blessed by being born of goodly parents. You are such a great example to me of love and obedience and service. Thank you for all that you have done and still do for me. I always loved spending time with you watching movies and playing pool and ping-pong and board games, and traveling to Europe, and a Baltic Cruise and Garmisch and the Hawaii trip, and of course, the Michigan trip. We have had some great times. Continue to do so. I am doing great in Shquip and I already love it so much (and I have not even got there yet) Our teachers at the MTC have been so great, and I feel like I actually know Shquip (an opinion that will probably change once I get there.) Continue to be an amazing leader in the family, at church and at work. Remember D&C 120:40-43. You are really good at applying these principles. Continue in patience and love. I love you. I know that the Book of Mormon is the keystone of our religion and that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God, and no one will ever be able to turn me from that knowledge (D&C 122:3) I know the Lord is with me and is with you. Love, Elder Xhansen
Mom, You are amazing. So organized, and loving, and an amazing example of charity and church service. Thank you for all that you do for me. I feel like a stripling warrior (Alma 53:21; 57:21) I am trying to be exactly obedient. Thank you for teaching me to be obedient. It is really important and easier for me than for others here because you taught me in my youth. Please continue to be an example of teaching in the family and help others know how they can do the same. I know that life can get busy or hard. I love that as we look to the Lord, He will strengthen us. (Mosiah 24:15) We can always have a good attitude and be a good example, no matter what we are challenged with. I know that families are forever. I love and respect you and Dad and know that you are righteous parents. I am excited to spend more time with you once I get back, but I will never go back completely to who I was. I will bring my increased testimony, conversion, study habits, prayer habits, love of the Lord, and great experiences back with me… in 22 months. I love you so much. Love Elder Xhansen
Katie, I love you so much and miss spending time with you. I am also looking forward to the day when we will be in college together, learning and working and dating. But I want you to know how important the gospel is to me. I would not give up the gospel, or these two years to share it, for anything at all. The church is true. It is so true, that men and women around the world would give their lives for it, for Jesus Christ. He is leading His church (Mosiah 26:22) One of the greatest things I have learned here is how to study the scriptures. I love, love, LOVE studying the scriptures (2 Ne 31:20; 32:3; Jeremiah 15:16) There is so much to learn from every chapter of the Standard Words I love it! We need to study to gain understanding and knowledge. I have also learned so much about the power of prayer. (2 Nephi 31:9) Whenever you pray, God will help you. Pray in faith, before tests, before the ACT, before you study the scriptures, before you invite a friend to come to church. Pray always, that your joy may be full (Alma 34:27) As missionaries, we pray probably 25 times per day, not including the times we pray in our hearts during lessons for our companions and for the Spirit to be present and everything. I have seen the many blessing that come from praying. Personally, and as a district, zone, companions, Elders and in interviews, lessons and always. I love you so much! Elder Xhansen
Emily, I love you. You are such a great sister. I love how organized and dedicated you are. Life can get stormy at times, but you seem like you are always able to stay afloat. I want you to know that whenever ou need help with anything, you can look to the Savior and he will help you. (Mark 5:25-29) I don’t know why but I love this scripture (Matthew 10:22) that is of Christ speaking to His apostles. We might be hated of men, but God and Jesus Christ will always love us. It might be us against the world, but because we are on the right side, we will win. (1 Ne 11:34-36) The third member of the Godhead, the Holy Ghost also loves us and can and does help us every day. When we ask if something is right, he will help us to know. (D&C 8:2-3) He will lead and guide us, walk beside us, help us find the way, teach us all that we must do to live with Him someday.’ He will give us a witness of truth through peace and good feelings and thoughts (D&C 6:23) Practice feeling the Spirit and you will get better at it, listen and act on good feelings you have. I love you and miss talking to you. Don’t forget to keep sending me Lord of the Rings quotes. You would be surprised at how much they relate to missionary work. Love Elder Xhansen
Megan, I love you so much! Sounds like you are doing so good with soccer and middle school. I love getting letters from you. Meg, I know that families are forever and I am so grateful for that. We need to love and respect our family here on Earth. You also need to know that the Book of Mormon is true. (Moroni 10:2-3) Ponder it in our heart and pray and think about the feelings you receive. I know that it is the word of God (1 Ne 13:41) It contains the gospel of Christ (v36) and it is a witness to all people that Jesus is the Son of God and Savior of the world (v40) We are so lucky to have this book in our lives. One of the most important things I have worked on here is developing Christ like attributes. Learning to be like Christ is a lifelong pursuit that you should begin doing now. (Article of Faith 13) It requires study of these attributes and practice! These Christ like attributes are found in D&C 4:5-6 I would start by studying and practicing Faith, Hope and Charity, the first three attributes listed (1 Cor 13:13; Alma 7:24; Ether 12:28; D&C 18:19) Study what they are, why they are important, and especially how they are related. (Moroni 7:1, 33-34, 40-48) Ponder and apply these principles. Studying the scriptures is so fun when we have a goal in mind and we SEARCH the scriptures for answers. I also love the picture of this painting and how it relates to HOPE. I love you and miss you. Keep being obedient and loving. Love Elder Xhansen
Luke, You are such a fun brother. Thank you for liking everything I like. I want for you to know that the things I love most are our family, and the gospel of Jesus Christ. I hope you will also love these things more than anything else. Talk about Christ! Rejoice in Christ, because He is our older brother who loves us and even died for us! (2 Nephi 25:26) Read the Book of Mormon every day, because the more you read it, personally and with your family, the more you will love it and desire to share it! As you have a good attitude and be an example to your family, the Son of the Living God, Christ will help you. (D&C 68:6) Choose the Right, when a choice is placed before you. And now behold I will testify unto you (Alma 34:8 that these these things are true. That Jesus Christ is our older brother and Savior so that we can repent. I know the Great Plan of Salvation is possible because of the Atonement (v. 9) I know that we can pray to God for answers and help in everything (v17-26) Finally, I would exhort you to be patient and loving to others and to not be tempted to fight. (v 39-40=1) I love you SO MUCH!! Love Elder Xhansen
Matthew, I love you so much. You have so many great things coming up to look forward to in life. Right now, get ready to be baptized. You can do that by reading the Book of Mormon on your own every day. Baptism is so important (2 Ne. 31:5) How is school going? Have fun and work hard and you will do really well. You have an amazing family who will all help you whenever you need anything. Know how blessed you are and try to be obedient to your parents always. Try to be an understanding brother and always be kind and never argue, like Nephi. (1 Ne 3:5-7) Remember that you can be an example to them, also like Nephi (1 Ne 16:19-25) I love you so much. Have fun at school and at home with your amazing family. I miss you and love you. Love Elder Xhansen
No comments:
Post a Comment