
A couple weeks ago our friends gave us tickets to the Atlanta Braves/ Chicago Cubs game. We got a babysitter for the little kids and took Ryan and Katie. We drove an hour and a half to Turner Field in Atlanta... an impressive field, one of the biggest ball fields in the US, build for the 1996 Summer Olympics. It was a gorgeous night and mild... perfect for a ball game.
Chris has been a Chicago Cubs fan since he was a kid. He was so excited. He, and Ryan - who naturally chose to cheer for the Cubs because he is in every way his dad - started yelling "Go CUBS!' right from the first pitch. Katie and I, up for a little rivalry, decided to cheer for our new Home Team... "GO BRAVES!" The crowd was split in half too. There were Cubs fans everywhere and the cheers were just as loud for each team.
It was a great night... The Cubs won and while the boys celebrated Katie and I decided we really didn't care who won we just had fun watching... and singing 'Take me out to the Ball Game', and eating ice cream and hot dogs, and watching the jumbo screen, and cheering, and keeping score, and staying up late.

... Katie and Ryan - loving being the big kids.
...and what's a baseball game without a $7.00 hotdog?
...Katie brought a notebook so she could keep score. She recorded every strike, every out and every run in every inning. It was so cute.
...once the pitcher hit the batter and players from both teams came running in ready to fight. Pretty exciting.
6 comments:
A $7.00 hotdog??? I don't think your dad could have done that. It looks like a very fun night though. Cute Katie and Ryan.
baseball games are so much fun! your life must be full of excitement cuz i mean everytime i turn around you've got a new post
Very fun. I had to explain to mom that you weren't at Wrigley Field and saw the game in Georgia...considering you live there and all. It was funny.
Looks like it was a perfect night. That reminds me that we need to go to a game this year.
Fun! I've always loved going to baseball games. I think I was about Katie's age when I really got into baseball. My brother and I would watch every Oakland A's game that was on tv - for the whole 3 hours! I collected my own baseball cards and everything. I love how Katie was keeping track of everything in her notebook!
it looks like you guys had so much fun! i'm glad i could babysit!
Post a Comment