Johnson Family

Johnson Family

September 23, 2008

My husband


This is my husband. He is a Cougar fan.

Not just any Cougar fan... there are few in his league... and you know who you are.

This is what I see each week. Chris, watching without moving a muscle,
STILL as if any sudden movement will affect the plays outcome.
NERVOUS as if the team were relying on him for the win.
CALCULATING how each play will affect the rest of the season.
FOCUSED on nothing else in the room but the game.
With ADMIRATION, (bordering on man-love) and Cougar PRIDE.

It is a picture that captures his level of 'fanhood'.

After watching the game... sometimes a second time, listening to the post game show, reading Cougar fan post game comments, hearing Coach Bronco's humble report of the game, calling other die hard cougar fans to review the game play by play, and watching all other football games and interpreting how their failure or success will affect the Cougars -- he is ready to retire for the night. But not for long... there is much to read, watch, talk of, and think about in the morning.

7 comments:

The Seaquist Family said...

I had to call Derek in to see this one, he even laughed out loud. Now imagine if he didn't get it on tv and he is watching it on the computer, cheering, standing, and rushing in to tell me the score. Too funny these men we have married. (And now I find Christian rushing in to see the computer to watch the score...)

Marilee said...

Is it me or are we all more into the Cougs than we were when we actually went to BYU. After 7 years of Dish Network we switched to DirecTV for only one reason... BYU games. I was at the epic UCLA blowout and we are looking forward to both the Air Force and CSU games. Both only an hour drive away! Let's meet up at whatever bowl game they play in this year (hopefully something really awesome like the Fiesta Bowl!) -Adam C.

Marilee said...

Okay, so I just read your post, clicked on the "comments" and was surprised to see that "I" already commented! Confused I read the first few sentences thinking "I don't remember reading this post, or even commenting! Then I realized it was Adam who commented. I guess when it comes to the Cougars, he MUST say something! I think I might have to post a CARBON COPY post of this on my blog substituting the picture of Chris with a picture of Adam. EVERY SINGLE THING you said about Chris and the Cougars is EXACTLY Adam! The only thing I would add is that when we haven't had great seasons, somehow Adam believes that the players, coaches and team actually did it TO him, personally, and no one else. I agree with Adam. Let's meet at the Bowl Game, where ever it may be! :-) Love you guys!

Marilee said...

Okay, another idea. We have a few extra tickets to the Air Force game if you are up for a quick weekend trip to Denver???? Just a suggestion! :-)

Anonymous said...

Such a great post. I had my husband read it also because he can totally relate!!

Lindsey said...

That is funny. I love that picture of him. Too bad he's cheering for the wrong team... Just jokes. To each his or her own, right?

Jennifer said...

Thank you for a great post! I have to admit I used it in our "YW in Excellence" program. We had a "tailgate party" in celebration of our "team" (girls). I used your description of your husband's focus on football and then applied it to living the gospel. Afterward, I even had someone ask for a copy of it. Thanks for the insight.

(By the way, I am sister-in-law to Jamie Chiara, and I love your blog!)