Johnson Family

Johnson Family

March 13, 2009

Brian's Mission Call


My youngest brother, Brian, got his mission call on Friday. He kept it sealed for 14 hours until he and Mike could finish their classes and head down to Scott and Elisha's house in Utah, and open it together with Amy, while skyping Mom and Dad and on speaker phone with Dan and Sarah. I tried to stay up for the fun but at midnight just had to go to bed... so he reinacted it with us the next morning. But before that we got our globe out and had fun making our guesses as a family... one foreign and one stateside.

Chris Australia - New York State

Lisa France - Toronto, Ontario

Ryan Ireland - Texas

Katie Spain - California

Emily Scotland - Alabama

Megan Wales - Florida

Brian is headed to the Tempe, Arizona Mission... on July 8th. And for a guy who loves winter snowstorms and hates the heat... it's kind of foreign. But I think he's up for the challenge!

So I guess that makes Katie closest with her California guess since a little sliver of California is in his mission.

Congrats, Brian! We love you.

4 comments:

Hilary said...

That is awesome. My little brother got his call around 10 days ago-- to Milwaukee, Wisconsin! Brr!

Gary and Shelice Murphy said...

So cool! That's where my youngest brother went. It was english speaking but not long into it they switched him to Spanish. He love his mission.

Staci said...

WOW! I am so jealous. I loved living in Arizona...although I LOVE the heat and hate winters. But he'll grow to like it there and it will make him even more grateful for cold winter snowstorms.

The Harper Family said...

Congrats!! He looks so excited in that pic. :)