Johnson Family

Johnson Family

March 19, 2009

Little Boy Heaven


Another afternoon at Little Creek Farm.

"Want to go see the horsies, Luke?" Luke's ears perk up as we drive on the dusty roads back to the farm and I can hardly get his seat belt off fast enough. He walks a couple steps, stops at the distant whinny of a horse, points, looks back at me, walks a couple steps, sees the dogs, changes directions towards the dog, stops as the buzz of a bee swooshes past his ear, spots a ball, looks back at me with big blue eyes and starts his wobbly run.

He loves everything, the squirrels running up the trees, the horses, the tractors, the three dogs, the abandon balls lying by the house, and yes, the dirt. He loves the dirt. I could barely get a picture of him looking up. Every couple steps he had to bend down and grab a handful. He is slow walking anywhere because he has to take in every sight and sound, point, grunt and stop to pick up dirt. But I'm slow too, so it's ok.

I love our monthly trips here just as much for Luke's sake. It is little boy heaven.


While Ryan and Katie go get their horses from the field, Emily, Megan, Luke and I wander down the lane to look at the horses.

Katie and Rosie.

Ryan and Moe.

6 comments:

Shelley said...

Do they get the same horses everytime? Looks like a great time for everyone! Luke is so cute! Where are the pictures of you, Lisa?

Sarah Walton said...

I'm sure your kids love going there once a month!

The Seaquist Family said...

So much fun. Got to love the dirt. I thought Katie and Emily were taking riding lessons and Ryan thought that wasn't fair? I bet he loves riding. My boys would be right with Luke. Balls and dirt. Actually, Ava would be right there with him too!

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

Great Photos I love the one of your girls. Cannot wait to go with you next time.

Marilee said...

My kids (especially Annie) would be in Heaven taking riding lessons! One of these days I'll have to sign them up! So much fun for all of you and I love your description of Luke getting out of the car! Doesn't sound like riding lessons will be ending anytime soon at your house :-)! Hope you are feeling well!

Jamie C. said...

Oh boy, Luke is a doll! How cute is he? I'm so glad the riding lessons are everything you hoped they would be.
p.s. I had a Lisa moment today when I walked into where the girls were in the tub and opretending to be Cinderella and washing the walls with washclothes. I told them, I guess, we could play Cinderella. I got out the Lysol wipes and in my meanest step mother voice demanded they wash the floors and windows and cupboards. They were literally running from job to job. One time Gwen ran away laughing and said, "you're so mean mom." It was super fun. You're brilliant!