Spring break came and went without much excitement. I'm too close to the end of my pregnancy to really go anywhere so although it kind of felt like a waste of good vacation time, anything but staying home sounded utterly exhausting.
So we stayed home, slept in, and mostly played around the house. As seemingly boring as it was, the kids were thrilled with all the at-home time. Finally enough time to play house, play Wii, play store, play playdoh, play 'doggies', jump on the trampoline, have picnics in the backyard, draw pictures, play 'mommies', play cars with Luke, watch movies, play Lego, play dress-up, play made up pokemon games, (do jobs) and then do it all again the next day. When I suggested an outing one day I totally got outvoted. They just wanted to stay home and play.
My brother reminded me that that's how most of our Spring Breaks were spent... just playing... and come to think of it, it was wonderful.
Normal life starts again today. School, CRCT testing, Ballet, Soccer, Gymnastics, Pre-school, Achievement Days, Cub Scouts, YW activities... Life. And the kids are dreading it... Can't we just all stay home and play?
6 comments:
That is exactly how our spring break was, and I LOVED it! It was so nice just to have time to hang out and be together and not have the stress of loading up to go somewhere! Glad it was nice for you. Can't wait to see pictures of the new baby....though it's not like I'll get to hold him! So baby hungry it's not even funny!
Sound like fun to just play! Your kids are great at making everything fun.
Sounds like our spring break...although ours is still going. 3 weeks long. My kids are ready for outings though. We try to do every other day.
What a fun way to spend some time off of school. So great how your kids play so well together and love it too!
Our break was the same & I loved it. Ahhh, now back to "real life".
Glad you guys had a great spring break! Hope you're feeling good these days . . .I can't believe you only have a few more weeks! crazy.
Post a Comment