Johnson Family

Johnson Family

August 15, 2009

3 months old

blog three months
  • He's 14 pounds 2 ounces - 53rd percentile
  • He smiles all the time.
  • He finds his fingers to suck on.
  • He giggles when we play with him.
  • He laughs when we tickle his neck.
  • He loves his swing.
  • He likes to be sitting up so he can see everything.
  • He's a fast nurser.
  • He goes to bed when we do (late) and sleeps for about five hours and then another three or four.
  • He takes long naps during the day.
  • He just had his second 'over the ear' hair cut.
  • He smiles every time Luke looks at him.
  • He enjoys being naked and getting his pants changed... probably because we smile at him.
  • His soother and a soft blanket by his face makes him fall asleep.
  • He wears 3-6 month clothes.
  • At night he sleeps in his little crib which has now been moved to our master closet.
  • On Dad's lap, he patiently waits for Chris to look at him so he can smile.
  • His grabs onto his hair and then cries because he's pulling so hard and he doesn't know how to let go.
  • He always calms down when we go outside in the humid heat.
  • He has beautiful navy blue eyes.
  • He goes barefoot all the time.
  • He's extremely wiggly in his bath.
  • He sits by Katie in the van right behind the driver seat.
  • Chris and I can't stop saying how adorable he is.

  • 12 comments:

    Nikole said...

    That is cute. From: Tyler

    Shelley said...

    Too, too adorable. I love that little cute baby. Love, love his laughing on the e-mail.

    Ash said...

    Ahhh Matthew! So cute!

    David and Mary Walton said...

    They don't get any cuter than that! Two more months1

    Lindsey said...

    Man I love that kid. What a babe. No wonder you can't stop saying how adorable he is.

    Jamie C. said...

    The day Henry got blessed, Joe's mom gave us a book called "Let Me Hold You Longer." It's a cute story about a mom who is remembering all the lasts of her baby. The last time he woke up in the middle of the night and she held her crying baby, the last time her baby crawled with his blanket to her to be rocked, the last time he said he'd marry her, all these lasts that he quickly grew past. I don't know why I thought of this when I read your post except that Matthew will fill you with all of your lasts and I hope you remember them. The last time he pulls his hair and won't let go, the last time he sleeps in your closet, the last time he wears 3-6 months clothes. Anyway, the story made me cry and knowing you I'm sure you would too. But just enjoy this little adorable baby and all his lasts and don't rush to get him to all those firsts (walking, talking, etc). He's a lucky boy with you as his momma.
    By the way, he's beautiful!

    Lisa said...

    Oh thanks, Jamie. Make me cry reading my own post. You are right though. I'm enjoying every LAST moment.

    The Seaquist Family said...

    So cute! How did you figure out how to get bullets on there? I've been trying to do that and have yet to succeed. Help!

    The Starbuck Family said...

    He is so cute! His face looks like Emily in this picture. I haven't heard of that book that Jamie recommended. I'll have to read it. It reminds me of the one, "I'll Love you forever" It's a sweet story, it makes me cry every time I read it.

    Fisher Family said...

    Such a handsome little guy..great picture :)

    Shillig 1 said...

    oh my- brandon used to pull his hair & cry when he was a baby. just like matthew. how funny.

    elisha said...

    He's almost as big as Fos. We have his yr appt this Friday. I'll post the stats!