We were so lucky to have our best friends come to Georgia for Thanksgiving this year!
Quick history… Chris and Adam served together on their mission ? years ago and decided to room together at the Y when they were done. They moved into my BYU student ward and within a few weeks Chris had asked me to go on a trip with him and his roommates to St. George. (Yes, our vacationing lifestyle started very early) Adam took Marilee and there, in St. George, in the ‘girls hotel room’ Marilee and I stayed up way too late talking and talking and already acting like best friends. After a semester of double dating Adam and Marilee got married. 6 months later Chris and I got married. 14 years later they have five kids and we have six. We’ve had some great vacations together and this was certainly no exception.
On our first day together Chris, Ryan, Adam and Spencer spent the morning golfing while Marilee and I and the rest of the crew hung out at home and chatted and played. When the boys got home we had lunch and then headed out to Flat Rock Park. A must when visiting our Southern city…
All eleven kids…Luke, Ryan, Emily, Logan, Avery, Garrett, Megan, Spencer, Annie, Matthew, and Katie.
Megan, Matthew and Katie.
Luke, Logan and Megan.
Adam and his lovely ladies.
The boys, with their babies.
Luke, getting way too close to the water to throw in his leaves.
We walked around, played on the playground, took pictures and talked. Some of the kids got their shoes and pants soaked running through the water.
When we got home we pulled out some food for the kids, gave instructions to the babysitters and took off for our Adults only evening… plus adorable Avery. We drove up to Callaway Gardens and ate at the Piedmont Restaurant… one of our favorites.
3 comments:
Aren't you thankful for such good friends! So fun to see the kids together...they are all growing up too fast! Love you Adam & Marilee!
Looks like fun. Iv'e never got to see it when its so green.
I'm so glad they got to come see you guys! They are such a cute family and I can't believe how much time changes us all....Its fun that I know the whole story already!
Post a Comment