Johnson Family

Johnson Family

July 18, 2013

Gastown and Canada Place

Downtown Vancouver-14

We had so much fun spending the day downtown Vancouver with Grandma Walton.  I can’t remember the last time I’d been to Historic Gastown so we started there walking down Water Street towards Vancouver’s Steam Clock.  We stuck around to watch the clock for awhile and then wandered down the street slipping into some of the fun touristy stores along the way.  The kids loved all the hats, totem poles, and pretty much anything with a Canadian flag.  The boys especially loved the Star Wars art they found with a native Indian twist. 

Downtown Vancouver-8Downtown Vancouver-2Downtown Vancouver-1Downtown Vancouver-6Downtown Vancouver-30Downtown Vancouver-3Downtown Vancouver-31Downtown Vancouver-9

Megan used her own money to pick out some special rocks and bought some for cousin Molly too.

Downtown Vancouver-4Downtown Vancouver-5Downtown Vancouver-7Downtown Vancouver-10Downtown Vancouver-12Downtown Vancouver-13Downtown Vancouver-11Downtown Vancouver-28

After muffins, fruit and tasty lemon bread at Starbucks we headed on towards Canada Place. I LOVE Canada Place.  It’s such a unique building jetting out from the water.  So fun to walk along it’s balcony to the very end and back. Loved this day.

Downtown Vancouver-15Downtown Vancouver-24Downtown Vancouver-23Downtown Vancouver-16Downtown Vancouver-17Downtown Vancouver-18Downtown Vancouver-22Downtown Vancouver-20Downtown Vancouver-19Downtown Vancouver-26Downtown Vancouver-21Downtown Vancouver-25Downtown Vancouver-27Downtown Vancouver-29

1 comment:

David and Mary Walton said...

I loved this day too!! Fun to be a tourist in your home town.