I started a new responsibilities chart and finally included charts for those rascal boys of mine who get away with everything. To get them excited I ‘re-used’ an old idea – Easter eggs filled with different treats or privileges that they get to pick from if they’ve done every responsibility on their chart that day. The boys are THRILLED. Luke pulled out ‘Journal Questions with Mom’. I didn’t know how he would react to that, but when I explained that I would climb up and sit on his bed with him as he was going to sleep and ask him questions – just me and him – he was really excited. He criticized my piece of paper as not being a real ‘journal’ but I assured him I’d transfer the info to my journal so we could remember it always. Love this boys excitement.
1. What is your favorite food and drink: Brownies and Ice Cream – Chocolate Milk and Apple Juice
2. If you had enough money, what would you buy? LOTS of Star Wars Stuff
3. If you could be awesome at anything, what would it be? Playing Video Games
4. When you are Ryan’s age, what will you love doing? Playing soccer
5. What is the best part about being in our family? Going on lots of trips.
6. What is the worst part about being in our family? We don’t have way more babies. I wish we could have me as a baby again because I want to see myself because I was so cute.
7. What do you want to be when you grow up? A Scientist, or a Doctor or a Fire fighter.
8. If you have a daughter, what will you name her? Elizabeth. If you have a son, what will you name him? Luke Junior
9. What fun thing will you do with your kids when you are a Dad? I will jump on the trampoline with them and make big jumps for them.
10. What will you do when your kids argue or make a bad choice? I will separate them. One will go on the Repentance Bench and then the other one will have a turn. They will tell me they are sorry and tell each other they are sorry.
*** Something he was wishing for as he walked out the door to school this morning – I wish that it would be Monday, then Saturday, then Tuesday, then Saturday, then Wednesday, then Saturday…
2 comments:
I'm with you, Luke, on the Saturday thing!
Luke . . . with a platform that includes a Sat after each week day . . . you could be elected as President.
Post a Comment