Mom… I hope you are doing good. First of all, I love all the pictures you send. Looks like everyone is having fun. It is great to see. Everyone is growing. It is crazy. It is great to see that my room is being put to good use. That looks like a great track. I never did like it when they used my books to hold up their forts, but that was just me being a grumpy older brother. I love Matthew and Luke's faces in those old Halloween pictures through the years. They are so great. And my Batman costume was awesome, and Three Amigos. and Link. When people ask me about my childhood, I don’t think of anything specific at first, but these pictures and reading my journal brings back so many amazing things. I love my life. Thank you for being my mother. I love you so much, from Albania to Colorado. I miss you, but of course, love every day here. The hard days aren’t that hard because I k now who I am and why I am here and that I have a family who loves me. I love my life. Enough said.
In answer to your questions, I think that the Albanians here in this area are poorer, but are able to get by for the most part. And, most things, like food, are really cheap in Albania. There are a few great families and men in Shkodër. They are really strong in the church and able to support themselves. They do celebrate Christmas. It would be so nice for me to give the Beqiri's something if I could. I love you. I love hearing everything. Your son, Elder Johnson
Luke -- That sounds so fun for Halloween. Mattio and Lukigi. (Hee Hee Ha Hee.) I am going to be a missionary for Halloween, yes. The pumpkin patch sounds so fun! Good luck with your talk. I also have to give a talk next Sunday on the Holy Ghost in Shkodër. But, I also have to give a talk in Lezhë every single week. We don't have Halloween here, but we do have Christmas. I am counting down the days 'til Christmas. I love you so much. And who is that little boy in those pictures? It looks like me when I was little. I also LOVED Pokemon when I was your age. I love you and miss you. I hope you are having fun and doing well in school. Your third Mario Bro, Elder Johnson
Thanks, Meg! I love the update. Sounds like you had an awesome week. I hope you are having fun and doing well in school and soccer. You have an amazing family. These times you spend with them, you will always remember. I love you so much. Elder Johnson
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone, Si jeni? (How are you all?) I am loving life on the mission. Every time I think about it, I just realize, "I am on a mission. I am living the best two years." It is so great.
This week was good. We had some good lessons with Elton and Kurs Anglisht (English Course) and Church in Shkodër and Lezhë. We found a gjagji (funny old guy who walks the streets and plays dominoes with his other gjagji friends and is super nice to talk to.) and his younger friend who could be promising investigators in Lac. They promised they would be able to meet whenever we wanted to. That is fun.
What I love about the mission is that the Lord gives me hard days and then days that lift me back up higher than before. It is so awesome. This week we had a lot of lessons fall through, but other things are going well. for me, at least. It is quite something to be here on a mission. I love it.
Today, we went down to Lac, and climbed a mountain to get to the Church of Lac. The views were so beautiful. It was awesome. I just loved the hike up, and it reminded me of so many similar hikes I have been on with my family, this last summer even. Such fun.
A typical Sunday is we get ready and have Personal Study, go to church in Shkodër from 10:30 to 12:30, have a quick lunch with our district at the Collin's (senior couple in Shkodër. They are so nice.) house, and then go to church in Lezhë from 3 to 5, and then come home for three more hours of study. Then, we have Daily Planning, journal writing, and some Christmas or Choir music before bed. Church in Lezhë is my favorite time of the week. Yesterday, it was just us and Sister Collins and the Beqiri's. It was awesome. I feel so close with them. Elder Samuel plays the piano, and I bless the sacrament, and we both speak every week. It is awesome. The lesson in 2nd hour was awesome. We talked about the family tree of Adam down to Christ and important stories of the Bible. Those kids have an awesome faith and desire to learn (or a tleast they show up and don't object.) If I can help their faith and testimonies and conversion grow, that is all I need. It makes me so happy.
To close, I just wanted to share a small segment of something Brigham Young said, Anyone who wants to find salvation through Christ must have faith in (1) His name, (2) His Atonement, (3) His Character, (4) His Father, and (5) Their Plan of Salvation. This faith will lead to obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel.
I love that so much and want to apply that. I learn so much every day. (Four hours of study every day is awesome!) I know that the scriptures are so important. I know that when we follow Christ's example, we will be happy and become more like Him each day. Everything points back to Him. He is the Way and the Light, our Savior and Redeemer. He loves us and we love Him. He, along with God, Our Heavenly Father, and The Spirit of God, The Holy Ghost, want to help us and will help us if we ask and are worthy to have the Spirit with us. They will perfect us so that we can live with them again. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
I love you all. It sounds like you are doing amazing. Keep on keeping on!
Love, Elder Xhansën
The new Sister in the picture is an Albanian who is leaving on her mission, but just waiting for her Visa so she can go. She will be serving in England.
No comments:
Post a Comment