Johnson Family

Johnson Family

October 16, 2016

Sunday Afternoon looking through my Memory Box

Sunday-1

Our post church Sunday pic was taken by Matthew this time.  Dad was working up in Denver with the National Guard.  After we ate our traditional nachos and salsa I brought up my ‘Growing Up Memory Boxes’ to show the kids.  The boys didn’t last long and went to play with the PEZ characters, but the girls were pretty amused looking through my things.  It was a fun.

My Pride sign.  It was a Richard and Linda Eyre idea that my mom used when I was little.  Whenever my room was super clean I got to have the Pride poster on my door.  My mom made it – she’s a cute artist. 

Sunday-2

The girls thought my Kirk Cameron, Justin Bateman, and  Michael J. Fox pictures were pretty hysterical – AND couldn’t believe that I would have put posters up all over my room.  I spent quite a few dollars going down to 7-11 and getting the newest TEEN BEAT magazine.  Pretty funny.  When I posted this picture on Instagram then so many of the friends my age commented that they had Kirk Cameron posters too!

Sunday-3

Katie loved that this particular journal was written to KATIE.  I named all my journals – usually after friends – but Katie was my very favorite name ever and I gave it to myself as a pretend middle name and of course always planned on having a Katie of my own.

Sunday-4

Old Calendar illustrations that I loved as a kid.  My mom loved them as well.

Sunday-5Sunday-6

A cool folding art project that I made in Elementary School… always one of the favorite things to handle in the memory box.

Sunday-8

My Raggedy Ann Doll made for me by my Grandma – Naida Ruby Harding Walton.  I had it when I was really young.  And my one and only Barbie given to me by my Grandma – Reva Bunker Polley.  I loved her!

Sunday-7Sunday-9

Not sure what Emily thought was so funny but there was a lot of laughing and shocked faces as they pulled things out of the box or read them in my teenage journals.  It was even good for me to read some things to remember what things were important to me as a teenager.  I think we all learned that we are more similar than we think.  I love good conversation around things like this.  It’s not the keeping of these things that’s important to me – it’s the sharing.

Sunday-12Sunday-10Sunday-14Sunday-13

Since I had just gotten back from our Michigan trip, I had the girls watch SOMEWHERE IN TIME with me.  They enjoyed it a lot until the very end when she starts shouting RICHARD!!  The girls started cracking up.  It’s a great movie though! Luke took this picture.

Sunday-15

No comments: