We had a great Christmas. We lined up in the hallway for a picture before running in to see if Santa came. Chris went in to turn the lights on and came back with his mouth wide open. "You are not going to believe it... we are going to have such a great day..." and other phrases that made the kids squeal with anticipation and jump up and down. It's true he loves Christmas as much as the kids. Ryan kept muttering "I hope it's a Wii, I hope it's a Wii..." while the girls began running into the living room. When Ryan spotted his Wii sitting on the couch he collapsed upon it saying, "I am going to faint of happiness". Yes, it was that dramatic. Katie got a new bike, Emily and Megan got a new kitchen and Luke got an exersaucer from Santa. When Katie spotted the giraffes in Megan's stocking she said, "Wow, Santa knows everything that’s happening in our family!" Megan immediately took her giraffes into her room to meet the rest of her animals. After we watched the kids with their presents Chris pointed me in the direction of another present sitting out that I hadn't even noticed. A Dyson vacuum for me! I love it!After opening our stockings we paused to make our traditional Christmas breakfast. Eggs, sausage, potato and cheese cooked together. Yummy. Then we began opening presents. We have lots of traditions when it comes to opening presents. First, present picking goes from youngest to oldest. Second, you can't pick a present for yourself. Third, you've got to give the giver a hug and say thanks. It makes for a very slow and wonderful Christmas morning. We opened till 12:00 and then Chris had to go to work. (He's low man on the totem pole this year so got stuck with call for the week of Christmas.) When he came back at 3:00 we started opening presents again and finished about 6:00. Half of us were still in our pjs! What a great relaxing day.
Ryan had a Wii and Pokemon Christmas, and naturally was in nine-year-old heaven. Katie got a Nintendo DS with a few games and lots of clothes. She said, "Mom, you are the best shopper for me." (I hope she always thinks so.) Emily was probably most excited about her books... especially some Dick and Jane ones she was hoping for. She is our least animated child. I hold the camera waiting for the surprised face but she just looks up and gives that perfect Emmy smile. Our most animated child is Megan. Everybody needs a two year old to make Christmas magical. She was so bouncy and so giggly.... it was adorable. Whenever it was her turn to open a present she squealed, started bouncing up and down around the room, and occasionally exclaimed, "I'm exciting!" Then she ripped the paper off as fast as she could. Again I waited to capture the perfect picture. She's just so fast. As soon as she could tell what it was she started RUNNING to Dad. Yep, she's a Daddy's girl. She didn't come running to show me anything... just Dad. Adorable. We had a hard time telling which were Megan's favorites since she was excited about everything, but she really loved her Disney princesses. Even while Dad was trying to get them out of the packaging she was bending over saying "I love you baby Ariel." over and over again. Priceless. Oh, I guess Luke was the least animated this year. He occasionally opened his eyes for a minute but thought it was much too loud and bouncy... and drifted off to sleep again. Chris and I had a wonderful Christmas as well... and like every year he spoiled me to the point of tears. A new lens for my Nikon had me sobbing. I guess it's a good day if you end with a Christmas headache.
One Happy Boy
Katie and her new bike
Katie's new vest from Grandma Walton
Katie's new DS
Katie was so excited to give Emily her Cinderella locket necklace she could hardly stand it!
We surprised Katie with the Tinkerbell locket she fell in love with while picking out Emilys. There were both so happy.
Daddy giving a 'thank you' hug to Emily
Megan, already up and running to show Dad
Megan bending over saying, "I love you Baby Ariel, I love you Baby Ariel..."
Megan and her three 'Princess babies'
Megan and Luke
Luke loves to hold his head up... pretty soon he'll love this.
5 comments:
Yes, I beat Mary Seaquist to posting a comment! Love the details, Lisa. You're always so good at that. What a fun Christmas.
What a fun Chrismtas Lisa! I love that all your christmas morning traditions are the same as ours! It's the best way to do it. I converted my husband to our way of things our first chrismtas.
i love that you have such wonderful christmas traditions. one day we will navigate away from b's family and have some of our own. i so look forward to that. i love the one about handing out gifts to eachother and saying thank you with a hug. that is precious.
Lisa it sounds like a wonderful Christmas! What kind of lens did you get for the camera? I love the pictures. It almost feels like we were there with you.
Amy, actually you didn't beat Mary to posting a comment. I was still working on my post when she commented and then I decided to copy and post it on my December 25th draft. Anyway, it deleted her comment. Sorry Mary! Comment again please!!!
Post a Comment