Our 8 days with Grandma and Grandpa Walton were wonderful. We went out to eat, went shopping, went sight seeing, took naps, watched movies and stayed up way too late every night. One thing I noticed... Grandma likes to hold babies. Grandma was the first one to go pick up Luke when he was fussy, change his pants, make sure he had a blanket or socks on, and just walk around the house with him. Thanks for the help, Mom. Luke misses being spoiled. Another thing I noticed... while Grandma was helping to calm Luke, Grandpa was causing a commotion with the other kids. He's always been one to initiate a good tickle fight -- and my kids just can't resist. Something about him lying and crawling on the floor is just invitation for a pile of kids. This trip Grandma taught Emily how to undo Grandpa's shoelace and take his shoe off. Emily was scared to death... and rightly so... Grandpa chased her and tickled her good all while she screamed with delight. For a Grandpa who doesn't like a lot of noise.. he sure made a lot. Thanks for the fun, Grandpa.



...and who can resist dancing with Grandpa!


10 comments:
Love that Grandpa is a dancer! What were you watching that sparked it all? Show me more pictures of the decorations-its so fun to see!
Man, that looks like so much fun. Maybe I'll try that untying Grandpa's shoes thing at Christmas. I'm not so sure he could catch me, though.
Sounds like the family had a great time with Grandparents. Don't you just love that babies bring the extra blessing of visits from loved ones?! My Mom comes in on Thursday and the kids are beyond excited!
So sweet and I'm impressed that you were staying up late. Aren't you supposed to sleep when the baby sleeps? I always love that one. Ha. Like that ever happens. What a great Grandma and Grandpa! And love it that Ryan doesn't have his shirt on (of course). What great memories. Love the new stockings!
Lisa . . . that dancing with the kids thing was just spontanious fun . . I think we were watching the show "Hairspray" . . the one Mary accidently referred to as
"Shampoo". As I remember . . While Mary was trying to convince Emily to take my shoe and run . . Emily said no way and gave the shoe back to me. She definately felt the risk was too great.
Looks like lots of fun. Maybe next time Grandma and Grandpa Walton are there I'll come play too. Ha, ha. Luke looks so big - give him kisses from us.
love the dancing with grandpa. brings back memories of my own. so sweet.
i am using the cans for the kids christmas pajamas this year. i will have to think of something else next year...or maybe it will be used for the same thing. i made one for my sister in law and i am just going to fill it with her christmas presents. gift cards, candy, lotions, body soaps, etc.
i made easter cans for the kids last year and those are their easter pails every year. i love them. the possibilities are endless.
I bet it was so fun having your parents out there! I am dying at your shirtless and sleeveless children! Are you kidding me, it's December! Oh wait, you're in Georgia! I hope your doing good!
I'm glad you guys had such a fun visit! Always party time when David and Mary are in town:) We can't wait to come ourselves! I know, just looking at those summer pajamas makes me shiver . . . we have an ice storm on the way up here! oh, and I LOVE your stockings! so cute.
cute pics. way to capture the fun you all had while grandma and grandpa were there. we can't wait to have a house to run around in.
Post a Comment