+cropped.jpg)
I picked the big kids up from school and we headed straight to ballet. Ryan finished his homework on the way and played DS while I read my scriptures and flipped through magazines waiting for the girls to finish. Every couple minutes I interupted him to tell him about a verse or show him something I wanted. Maybe I just couldn't handle so much quiet. When ballet was finished we walked down the street to a Mexican restaurant and had chips and salsa and quesadilla's as we talked about school and life. Then we walked across the street to the Riverwalk and headed South on the path instead of North. The big kids balanced on cement walls, ran up and down the hills, climbed trees, played on the railroad tracks and gave each other piggy back rides. These three do get along well... except when the girls plant surprise kisses on Ryan's cheeks. We walked for about an hour exploring cute little gardens and new gazebos... and I just took pictures. By the time we got home there was hardly time to finish our jobs. Oh well, we'll do them tomorrow. Fun to be out with just the big kids. (More pictures on Ryan's blog)



9 comments:
How fun to have a house to yourself during the day and three kids who don't need QUITE as much attention at night. I love the pictures you took of them...the railroad track and that great wall behind Emily and Katie. I need to search out some great spots in Utah. I hope you have a relaxing and selfish week!
I too love having time with my bigger kids, and they love it too. It makes them feel so grown up to get some time without the "litte girls". Darling pictures as always!
I love hanging with just my big kids sometimes. So fun!
Love the gazebo, Ryan train track, and Katie graffiti pictures. Its so green and "dreamy" back there!
My oh my Emily has grown up! A walk without having to push a stroller, hold a hand or chase a toddler sounds dreamy...although I wouldn't dream of it for about another 10 years, I'm having too much fun with my little kids.
Oh my crazy awesometasticness Lisa you are quite the skilled Portrait taker! Watch out Ryan! A train is coming!!
I must confess I have followed your blog for about a year now. (I'm Jamie's sister-in-law in Utah). I love your stories and especially your pictures. How did you learn to take such good photographs? What camera do you use? I love the rich colors. Your talent inspires me!
Jennifer, first of all, how lucky are you to be Jamie's sister in law. I adore her. I have a Nikon D40 with a 50mm lens and as far as rich colors it's about lighting and luck (and occasionally bumping up the midtones on photoshop). I still have much to learn!
your photos are awesome, Lisa! You're so talented!
What a fun little time with your cute kids!
Post a Comment