Johnson Family

Johnson Family

March 27, 2009

My Dad


There are a lot of people who look up to my Dad... but no one more than me.

He is righteous, kind, honorable, faithful, quirky, hugable, fun, hard-working, caring, determined, smart, passionate, interesting, giving, and wonderful.

I've always looked up to him.
I've watched him righteously fulfill callings.
I've ridden on the back of his motorcycle.
I've tried to tickle him but always got tickled instead.
I've heard his tearful heartfelt testimony.
I've adopted his frustration for missing scissors.
I've gone on memorable trips with him.
I've felt his support as I made decisions throughout my life.
I've watched him work hard and give much.
I've gone on road trips with him singing Milli Vanilli.
I've laughed at his made up stories.
I've discussed the gospel and enjoyed great talks.
I've watched him be a great grandpa.
I've always been amazed at his quick creativity.
I've learned how to drive a stick with him as my instructor.
I've listened to him explain economics (over and over).
I've been there through years of Family Home Evenings and scripture studies.
I've eaten his popcorn.
I've received his special father's blessings.
I've always felt loved.

I hope I have received some of his traits. He's my dad, and I love him.

Happy 60th Birthday, Dad.

(to make a picture like mine go here).

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

So cool...are those really pictures of your Dad. Awesome!

Brian Foster Walton said...

Hahahah, funny picture lisa!

Geneva said...

I'm a little confused about the photo's on the wall??? I'm assuming its all fabricated! I laughed at the scissors thing...thats one thing I've never forgotten that you mentioned about your dad. If my kitchen scissors are ever missing I seriously start looking for a chain and nail with smoke coming out of my ears.

David Walton said...

Lisa
I remember some of those things too. (I have two pair of scissors in my desk drawer right now and Mary has another pair in her desk drewer 5 ft away.)

We have shared a lot of good times together over the years and we have a lot to be thankful for.

I am very thankful that you are my daughter.

Thanks for remembering me on my birthday.

Love Dad

Marilee said...

Lisa, How AWESOME!!!! I LOVE your tribute to your dad and the picture wall! Amazing! Though it sure is true that you are one lucky girl to have a dad like him, I think he would agree that he is one lucky dad to have a girl like you as his daughter! You two are the perfect daddy/daughter fit! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR DAD!!