Johnson Family

Johnson Family

March 12, 2009

When your 'almost 4 year old' hands you lemons…

meg1 croppeed_edited-1 make lemonade.

Well, this story isn’t really about lemons or lemonade. It’s about a certain ‘almost four year old’ daughter who cut her own hair... again. Yes, the very same one who cut it only months ago. The same daughter who was punished and told never to cut her hair again. The same daughter who distinctly said, “I will never do it ever again, Mom” amid her tears. Ya, well, that daughter must want to be a hairdresser because not only did she cut her hair but she went into her bathroom, stood on the stool and looked right into the mirror to watch herself cut it… I imagine because of the evidence. She gave herself some very ‘layered’ bangs and cut about half way up on both sides. When asked why (which was pretty much all I could come up with at that point) she said, “I wanted my hair to look different.” I said nothing else, but the disappointment in my eyes invoked another promise. “I will never ever do it ever again, Mom”

Yesterday we went to the salon. I gave the instructions “Do something.” and my hairdresser went to work. Voila… Lemonade. Besides Ryan saying she looked kind of like an alien… we like it. It seems to match her personality… ‘short, spunky and does whatever it wants’.

meg4 copy megan from back meg7 cropped_edited-2 meg5 cropped_edited-1

14 comments:

The Seaquist Family said...

Oh I am gasping. I'm just impressed that you didn't cry. I probably would have. It is adorable though. You obvioulsy have a great hairdresser. Oh she is such a cute little stinker!

Sarah Walton said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe she did it AGAIN!!! I really like the hair cut though! I think it looks adorable on her. (But maybe don't tell that to Megan, she might just keep on doing it!) I've been wanting to get Leah's hair cut into a bob, I just haven't done it yet. OH, and those pics of Luke and his donut are so cute! What a handsome little guy he is!

Ang said...

Oh, I feel your pain. When Corina was that age she did quite the number on her hair and we had to cut it so short she almost looked like a boy. She wore a lot of hats! She never did it again to herself....but Tanner was her next victim. Keep all scissors up high and keep Luke away!!! She really does look cute though. I love short hair on little girls!

Lindsey said...

My stomach dropped when I read this! I can only imagine how mad you must have been. At least your hairdresser was able to salvage it. It's very cute and spunky.

Geneva said...

Every family has one, and you know which one is ours!!!

The Crew said...

Yeah, that was totally me when I was little. At least she didn't cut luke's hair too AND the dogs:) yep, now I just cut army haircuts for my one and only client:) Who is your hairdresser btw? Dierdre said you have a good one.

Elisa said...

You have no idea how many if these cuts I have fixed. You are lucky she didn't take it any shorter, thats when it gets trickier! The cut looks great on her though, really cute.

Shelley said...

Oh she is a stinker! She is adorable, but you probably better get a safe and lock the scissors away!

The Starbuck Family said...

I love it! She looks so grown up with that haircut. Love the last picture of her, so beautiful, and love the tilt!=)

Hilary said...

short bobs on little girls are MY favorite. I'm sad right now because Ella wants to grow her hair long and I doubt Gracie will ever go back to a bob.

She looks darling! Love the photos!

Nikole said...

Wow! You made great lemonade - she is so cute with that haircut. But seriously, what a stinker. Hopefully when she turns 4 she will grow out of the "tormenting three's" quickly.

Jennifer said...

It is very cute and I love what her cruls make it do in the back...darling. I know girls like to cute their hair, but I can't believe how hog wild she went with the scissors. That was a massive hair cut she gave herself. I cut off my eyebrows and eyelashes once. After that I steared away from scissors like the plauge. If Ryan thinks Meghan looks like an alien he should have see me. That was weird!

Anonymous said...

absolutely love the new hair. Too bad the story behind getting there isn't so lovely. Funny coming from our side though.....won't be as funny when Molly pulls a stunt like that. It'll take yrs for hers to grow back.

The Harper Family said...

Wow!!! She sure did cut it!! But it looks fantastic!! It makes her look older. I love how you described it, too. :)

Ethan said, 'Why did Megan Johnson cut her hair?' :)