Johnson Family

Johnson Family

April 3, 2009

5 weeks left

The other day my Pest Control guy came to spray. When I opened the door he stared at my stomach and said, "Now when are you due again?" "In five weeks" I declared happily. Then he said, "Boy, I would have said any hour!"

Well, OK then -- I think that last sentence should have been just thought instead of said but since those words actually came out of his mouth it qualifies as the 'best' blunt pregnancy remark I've ever received. Up until this week the winning comment was from a crazy High Priest from my Washington Ward who said... "You just get bigger and bigger every time I see you!" (Still love that one.)

This and a couple of 'I swear you're going to pop any second' comments has made for rough week. But not only is the world noticing I'm nearing the end, I'm feeling it too. Back pain, waddling, swelling in my face, nose, hands and feet (oh and butt) and a really ridiculous not-so-graceful 'getting out of bed' routine remind me that I am only five weeks away.

Help me celebrate my 'five weeks left' by telling me your worst pregnancy comment story... Let's see if you can top mine!

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think the one that has made me feel the worst (more angry than anything) are the "you're having another!" comments. That and when my doctor asked me after delivering Kate when I wanted to schedule a tube tying appointment. I know that's after delivering but close enough. You're almost there Lisa and your kids are so stinky cute and perfect in every way (even when they cut their hair) that you and Chris should repopulate Georgia with Johnsons.

The Harper Family said...

I got quite a few of the 'you get bigger every time I see you' when I was pregger with Ethan.

I don't remember any remarkably stupid ones with Lucas.

With Isaac it was usually said in a sympathetic voice, 'Oh maybe next time you'll get a girl.'

I think, though, the best one I ever got was when Ethan was 3 months old. I was at the grocery store and this lady asked how old Ethan was. When I told her, she pats my stomach and says, 'Oh and you're so flat!'

Of course, I've had the ones where people thought I was pregger when I wasn't. Those are the worst!!

I am so excited for you! Let me know if you need anything!

Sarah said...

I loved it when my own daughter said aloud in a public restroom, "Wow, mommy--your bum bum is getting really BIG!"

Yeah. We weren't the only ones in there either.

Veronica said...

When I was pg with my third, it was the end of summer and I was soooo swollen. Even my tongue was swollen. There was nothing on my body that looked nice. I ran into a girl at church who is in a different ward and I hadn't seen her in a while. When we rounded the corner and saw each other, I could see on her face that she was thinking "Holy moly!!" We got to talking and I told her how badly I felt and she said "Oh, but you don't look bad. You look really good and beautiful for 8 months!" Then we parted ways.

A few minutes later I ran into an honest friend in our ward. She looked at me with the same expression as the previous girl and we again got to talking. I told her what Heather had just told me, about how I looked good. Jen got this look on her face and said "I hate to tell you this...but she LIED!!" I like honesty, but I really didn't need it that day!

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

Don't have one, you have wonderful genes you are gorgeous and hold pregnancies very well!!! You look amazing and will continue look amazing after the sixth gorgeous baby arrives

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

Oh I have gotten when are you ever going to have children, equally painful.

The Crew said...

ok, mine takes the cake, maybe.

I went to my 6 month ophthalmology appt and was talking to the dr about removing my other ptrygium and said that I wanted to wait until after I have my baby in May. He said, "Oh...I thought you were just fat!"

I did laugh because he is from New York. I know people from New York and that just say it.

My mom also told me AFTER having Ellie that she weighed what I weighed at that time when she was 9 months pregnant with me(I'm #5!). Thanks mom:) real encouraging.

And, for your information(not that this is your fault or anything) you probably weigh less at 9 months than I did before I pregnant! You are gorgeous and almost done! Don't let it get you down:)

Marilee said...

Oooooh, this is a fun topic because I have got a couple of doosies!
When I was pregnant with Spencer I had just finished working and to fill my days a girl in my ward invited me to go into Hollywood with her to participate in a discussion panel about the best way to advertise for an upcoming made for tv movie. While on a break from our discussion I was in the bathroom and an african american woman from our group came up to me and said "You are going to have that baby anytime." I asked "Is it that obvious" and she said "Yes because your nose is so big! Black people get big noses right before they deliver. Do you have any Black in your blood?" I replied "No" (uh do you see anything black with my blonde hair and blue eyes?) and then she said "Is the father black?" Again "Nope" and she said, "well somewhere there has to be some african history in your family cause girl, your nose is swollen".
Hmmmm, thank you!

The next is my favorite! I was pregnant with Annie when one day at the end of June, I was at church wearing a maternity dress that, at the time, was cute and in style. A lady in my ward asked me when I was due and I said not until the end of October. She said, "Well, that dress doesn't do much for you. I'd have guessed you were due in a month!" The best part of the story is that AFTER Annie was born I was in the bathroom at church changing her and the same ladies daughter walked in, saw me (with Annie may I remind you) and asked "Sis. Christofferson, did you have your baby yet?" Nice! Evidence that in their case the apple didn't fall far from the tree! :-)
Oh the things we endure! So far with this one I haven't gotten any comments but I'm expecting them to start in about a month since I am rapidly doubling in size! :-) Yahoo for 5 weeks left!!!!

Ang said...

Wow.....only 5 more weeks. I guess that seems like a long time to you. I don't have anything funny, but I do get "are you sure you're not having twins?" every single time. I get big....and with baby #7 I was ginormous!!! I should be grateful that at least I look pregnant and not just FAT!

Jamie C. said...

Oh Lisa, I hit a brick wall at 35 weeks! I hope your next five weeks go better and faster than my last 5 weeks went! At least you get to be active in your nice Southern weather to keep going, I had to sit around indoors eating gummy bears to pass the time!
After Henry was born, Gwen came to the hospital and looked at my belly and asked when the other baby was coming out. Thank you very much dear child!

elisha said...

All very funny stories. Lisa, if you'd post some pics :), we'd all be able to confirm you look great and have no need to have rough weeks. You're cute and it was fun reading other stories. We've all been there and can relate. Oh you look so cute, but I don't feel cute.