Johnson Family

Johnson Family

August 24, 2009

FHE on the Lake

We spent Family Home Evening with our friends out on Lake Oliver. They asked me to prepare a lesson so I looked for something fun we could do on a boat. A fishy lesson seemed just the thing. I pinned 5 laminated fish to balloons and threw them out to sea. Then with our nets we fished for fish stories from the Bible and then talked about being 'Fisher's of Men' like Jesus. It was fun. After our lesson we took turns wakeboarding and riding on the tube.




Amazingly, Andrew could not get Ryan to fall off. We kept thinking, 'oh, this time for sure' but nope, he just stayed on... and loved it.


This was Chris' third time wakeboarding and he's hooked. It was my second and I'd have to agree. It was really fun!


And for sure this little shredder couldn't be happier.

Thanks for a great night friends!

5 comments:

Geneva said...

Wow Lisa, you look great! And great wakeboarding. When can you come do Lake Mead again? We need more boating friends!

Geneva said...

Oh, and seriously, why can't you live closer?

David and Mary Walton said...

You guys look great! How fun. And great lesson idea, Lisa.

Hilary said...

okay, how cute are you doing FHE on a boat with floating fish and nets?!?! I love it. Fun pictures!

Nikole said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Oh we wish we had a boat.