Johnson Family

Johnson Family

September 15, 2009

Katie’s favorite show

Blog Katie  blog katie2 blog Katie3

Katie had a sick day this week… the kind of sick day where you’re too sick to go to school, but not too sick to shower, do you hair, and wear a necklace. Our school district is being strict with the ‘don’t come to school for 24 hours after your fever breaks’ rule so we kept her home on Monday.      …and what do you suppose she wanted to do?

I’ve been missing it actually.  Everyday this summer, Katie and I watched at least two episodes a day – sometimes four!  It plays two times a day on two different channels so we always had a huge selection to choose from.  We’d go between ‘young Laura’ and ‘old Laura’ episodes whenever we felt like it.  We folded a lot of laundry as we watched almost every episode there is…   Laura riding Bunny in the big race, Nellie pretending to be in the wheelchair, Charles buried alive in the mine, Carrie falling down the mine shaft, Mary going blind, Laura climbing to the top of the mountain, all the fun Laura and Almonzo ones… all of them.  We are ‘Little House on the Prairie’ junkies. 

We are still recording them but don’t have any time to watch them these days.  A ‘sick day’ is exactly what we both needed to get a little ‘LH on the P’ kick.  So fun that she loves them as much as I do.

10 comments:

Nikole said...

Please, please, please let me come and watch some with you! I love that show.

Grandma W said...

Me too! I never get to see it.

Geneva said...

Lol....we used to call it LH on the P in college when I'd watch it with my roommates. Did I teach you that or does it just circulate at the "Y"?

The Seaquist Family said...

My Mom and I used to watch LH on the P. Love that show. Didn't even know it was still on TV. I think I've seen every show. Sad thing is, when I was younger people used to say I looked like Nellie. Not nice! Who wants to look like Nellie Olson!

Marilee said...

Whatever you do DON'T erase them. I want to watch when I come for Thanksgiving! I LOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE Little House! LOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEE!!!!

The Starbuck Family said...

We LOVE Little House on the Prairie. We got them from the library and had an all week long Prairathon one time. Nellie in the wheelchair is my favorite.

Lisa said...

Yes, Geneva... you taught me 'LH on the P'. So funny.

Marilee... we're totally watching while we feed babies and the boys golf!

Shelley said...

I cry every episode...such good shows. We used to watch them at night at the dinner table when Del was working late. Do you remember Chris?

Elisa said...

Wow, that is what my mom and I would do on my sick days!! lol.

Amy Silva said...

Classic. I can actually remember all the episodes you listed. I'm sure I've seen them all more than once.

PS. Katie, your hair is gorgeous. I love that you showered and got ready on a sick day. That's totally me. It always makes me feel a little bit better.