Johnson Family

Johnson Family

September 8, 2009

Matthew – 4 months old

blog 4 month  blog 4 months 1blog 4 months 5 blog 4 months 2

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Matthew is four months old now and such a part of the family that we really can’t imagine not having him. 

The whole family is just in love with him.  Megan says “Mom, I just want him to stay this size forever!” and I think we all agree. 

We are treasuring this last baby’s every movement, smile and giggle.

He’s doing so much these days…

  • Giggling all the time… so ticklish right under his chin
  • Loves being held up in the air and dropped slowly to our face
  • Sits in his exersaucer but doesn’t really play yet
  • Just started grabbing for his hanging toys in his Baby Einstein floor mat
  • Loves to splash and kick his feet in the tub
  • Says ‘goo’ and makes a funny spitting-like sound that makes us laugh
  • Slowly grasps a toy if we hold it in front of him
  • Likes to grab onto our hands
  • Gets really distracted when eating and just wants to look up at me and smile
  • Sleeps 7 – 8 hours at night usually waking at 6:00am for an early breakfast and then back to sleep
  • Has lots of little naps and a couple really long naps
  • Gets a little panicked when I put him in the swing because he knows I’m going to leave him
  • Loves to be held and see what’s going on
  • Moves all around when on the floor… starting to curl onto his right side
  • Still sleeps in the Master closet
  • Sucks on his hands… sometimes his thumb
  • Straightens out his legs and points his toes when he’s really excited
  • Arches his back when he’s propped up so that he slides down and then gets mad
  • Sits in his Bumbo but big brother Lukey gets jealous so we don’t pull it out much
  • Calms down when mom runs the bath water or uses the blow dryer
  • Is using the big soother now… stays in better
  • Wearing 3-6 month clothes with a few 6-12 exceptions
  • Loves when the kids come up to him to say HI
  • Likes his pants changed
  • Likes to hold onto his soft blankets and pull them up by his face
  • Loves when we sit him on our lap and hold onto his hands to do “This is the Way the Farmer Rides, Hobledee hoy…”
  • Is very calm just hanging out on Dad’s lap late at night
  • Has more hair than Luke had at this age
  • Has adorable blue eyes, obviously

blog 4 months 4a

blog 4months 3

6 comments:

Geneva said...

He's so cute! I love those blue eyes. You guys make very cute kiddos!

Hilary said...

he is just a BEAUTIFUL baby boy. So, so cute!

Shelley said...

Too too cute! I want to kiss those sweet cheeks and hear that cute laugh! Love you little Matthew!

Ash said...

I love all the different expressions, esp the last picture!

The Starbuck Family said...

He looks so grown up in his little rugby shirt. Cute pictures!

Nikole said...

Have I ever told you that I think he is soooo cute? Well, I do. He is seriously so cute!