Johnson Family

Johnson Family

April 2, 2010

Field Day

the girls copy

Friday was Katie, Emily and Megan’s school field day.  Each wore their class color T-shirt for the day’s events.  They walked across the street to use the high school’s big field for all their relays.  Chris, and the boys and I met them there to be part of the fun… along with Grandma and Grandpa Johnson who had just flown in for our Spring Break vacation. 

Last year’s Field Day was a few short days before Matthew’s delivery and since I was not up for waddling around in the heat I missed out on all the fun -- so this year I was excited to go, and the girls were SOOOO excited to see us.

First stop was Megan’s light blue Pre-K class doing the parachute…naturally her favorite station.

megan copy

Megan2 copy

Lucky for us we finally got to meet Jaggar.  Yes, Jaggar is his name.  Her little pre-K ‘friend that is a boy’ that she’s constantly talking about.   Word is that Jaggar adores Megan and I could sure tell as I took their picture!  Later we said, “Megan, I didn’t know Jaggar had long hair.”  She giggled and said, “He doesn’t have long hair, he has short hair like me!”

Megan and Jaggar copy

Next stop… Emily’s turqoise 1st grade class doing the crazy noodle relay.  She even has a turquoise face from all the torquoise shirt reflection.   Just look at all those freckles!  I love this picture.  She was positive that braids were the perfect field day hair-do.

Emily copy

Below, Emily telling her teacher that her little brother probably wishes he could be in her class.  Thank goodness for such sweet first grade teachers who listen to everything first graders want to say.

Emily with teacher copy

Emily with G&G copyEmily's relay copy

Last stop… Katie’s yellow fifth grade class doing the wet sponge relay.  

DSC_5166

DSC_5169

DSC_5200

After the relays were done we headed up to the stands to watch the races.  Katie had already won 3rd place in her class sprints so she was chosen as one of the kids to represent the class in the ‘4 person baton’ race.  She did really well.  She and Ryan are constantly racing each other… and they are both quick little things.  Good job Katie!

DSC_5181

DSC_5188

These days I have to let Luke have some ‘funny face’ pictures before he’ll give me some good cheesy smiles.  Mostly he just wants to see himself on my camera screen.  Yep, he thinks he’s pretty funny.

Luke, Dad, Matthew copy  

Emily and Mom copy

8 comments:

Geneva said...

Great pictures and fun day! Lisa you look fantastic as always....cute little Emily with freckles and missing teeth!

Shelley said...

Field Day was so much fun! We were so glad we could be there! Such nice Georgia weather and such cute girls!!!

Jamie C. said...

I couldn't stop laughing when I noticed the guy sitting behind Chris in blue scrubs...totally reminded me of that surgeon on scrubs with "DOC" tattoed to his arm. So funny.
Lisa, you'r hair is super cute! Georgia humidity's got nothing on you. My hair would be twelve times it's normal size if I lived there.

The Crew said...

I LOVE luke's funny face pic! totally classic!

LeAnn Walton said...

So fun to read. Loved Megan's interpretation of "long hair," especially.

The Seaquist Family said...

It seems so weird to not see Ryan's group. I kept scrolling down for Ryan, and then realized he is BIG and is at the middle school. Great pictures.

Lindsey said...

Wow, Jaggar sounds dangerous. Good thing you're taking Megan to a foreign country. Oh wait, she'll just have German boys falling in love with her now! Looks like so much fun.

Hilary said...

wow! What a fun school activity! Your kids are so cute with their pretty dark hair! and you, as always, loko gorgeous!