Johnson Family

Johnson Family

April 6, 2010

Foothills Parkway

Untitled_Panorama3

After lunch/dinner at Miss Lily’s Cafe, we headed up the Foothills Parkway… a highway on the ridge of a mountain with gorgeous views on either side.  We stopped at Look Rock to check out the view and then take the hike that would take us to the very top of the ridge.  It was a pretty steep hike, we had already had a full day, we were all tired, (and my behind was sore from horseback riding), but the hike was TOTALLY worth it.

Chris, Matthew, Megan copy Shadows

grandpa and megan copy hiking copy

{grandpa has a picture of our family I will insert in here later…}

The views from the top of the lookout tower were absolutely spectacular.  We had about a 300 degree view. Everywhere we turned was just breathtaking.  I LOVE the Smokey Mountains!

 Untitled_Panorama1_edited-1

I had no idea how much I’d love just driving around here in Tennessee.  Trees, barns, beautiful hillsides, and lots of farmland.  For the entire hour drive back to the cabin I had the passenger side window rolled down and my camera out and ready to take pictures.  Chris told me he’d stop anywhere I wanted to take a picture, but then our hour ride home would have been six hours since I wanted to take a picture of everything!!  Instead I invented a whole new genre of photography called DRIVE BY SHOOTING.  All these pictures were taken from our 60 mile an hour van.   What is it about a dilapidated barn that makes it so picturesque?   Ah, I just couldn’t get enough.

drive by shooting

view copy 

view2 (2) copy

view3 copy

view4 view5

view (2) copy

view6 copy

1 comment:

The Crew said...

old barns and farms are my favorite to look at/draw! love the pics AND the new family saying "There is not someday". Have to tell you that we have a family cheer now, I was inspired by yours:) ours is simple but I do it with the kids whenever I tackle something daunting or we accomplished something together! They usually do it a few times because it's so fun:) "Goooooo Team Soto!!"