| One of the vacation places still on our list while living in Georgia was the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee. With a big countdown on the weekends left until we move, we decided we would spend Spring Break at a Cabin near Gatlinburg and were happy to have Grandpa and Grandma Johnson join us for the fun. We rented a cozy three floor cabin up on the hillside. Here is our little family room… |
| One of the things I loved about it was the curly stairs! It just isn’t a cabin unless it has curly stairs… but I’m totally bias since I grew up vacationing at a cabin with curly stairs – thank you Great Grandma and Grandpa Walton! The kids loved the curly stairs too! |
| This is the top floor… an open bedroom loft. Chris and I and the little boys slept up here. I loved the high ceilings and railings that overlooked the family room below. I also loved the wall of windows facing the bed. Several mornings I woke up as the sun came up to see the most beautiful pink and purple hazy sunrises… and the then quickly dozed back to sleep. It was just perfect. |
We arrived at the cabin late Friday night. Saturday and Sunday we hung out at the cabin and…
- ate breakfast out on the deck…
- played pre-conference general authority matching games…
- watched 4 sessions, took notes, worked on our packets, colored our bingo boards…
- and listened intently… (well, most of us did.)
Conference was fantastic. In between sessions we
- played pool…
- played competitive games of air hockey…
- watched Matthew perform tricks… (patti-cake) (and I just LOVE his little tongue! So Matthew!)
- and did some of our own… (so big!)
- took pictures of the kids…
- and enjoyed the hot tub.
| In fact the only time we left the cabin for the first 56 hours was to go eat dinner Saturday night at McAllister's and get ice cream to go from Marble Slab Creamery. Oh, and by the way, that ice cream on Emily’s head totally fell off and splattered all over the cement. |
3 comments:
This looks like such a fun place. We are going to have to put this on our list of things to do while here in the south.
What an awesome place for a conference-Easter weekend. Looks like you had so much fun, which I expected. Matthew is looking alot older....and so adorable.
Look like so much fun you guys! I was just thinking you guys and Europe are going to be best friends. I don't think any other family will take advantage of it like you guys. Are you going to the same base as the Flakes? Just wondering.
Post a Comment