Miss Emily, because of her lovely December 28th birthday, has never had a ‘friend’ birthday party. Poor planning on our part I suppose, but December is NOT the best time to throw together a birthday bash so this chick always goes without… but doesn’t complain a bit. This year, however, I told her I’d give her a ‘friend’ birthday but that it would be at the end of January so I could catch my breath after Christmas. Well, when mid-January hit I was still enjoying my slow paced ‘new year’ and pushed off party planning till February. Perfect… a Valentine’s theme with all kinds of pink, brown and red.
Emily is so easy going. No demands, just eager excitement for every thing I thought up. By the day of the party, my three girls were so excited they could hardly stand it. We….
- Filled out “I LOVE…” papers.
- Played BINGO
- Decorated sugar cookies.
- Opened Presents.
- Made heart pots.
- Ate yummy treats.
- Jumped on the trampoline.
{I am figuring out my new camera so these shots are all over the place. Flash, no flash, high ISO… craziness! I hate it. I mean I like the camera, just not my incompetence.}
Valentine candy and homemade notebooks for the party girls… I make these all the time by covering a legal pad with cute scrapbook paper front and back.
Of course no Johnson party is complete without ‘do-it-yourself’ Bingo. As soon as my kids don’t like it anymore, I will stop, I promise, but it’s easy peasy, keeps them entertained for a good chunk of time, and they love it!! We got to draw all kinds of lovey stuff like lips, a shiny wedding ring, roses and the temple! {Amy, you want to play this for your bridal shower? I know you do!}
Emily requested ‘brownie cupcakes’ again and picked out the red strawberry soda.
Emily got quite a few Hello Kitty things (very popular in the German stores here), lots of art supplies, jewelry and a furry stuffed dog.
{Top: Lindsay, Katie, Megan. Bottom: Mackenzie, Brooklyn, Ally, Emily, Ellie and Emma. Ya, say those last four names five times fast.}
We had the party from 10:00 – 12:00 on a Saturday morning… which I loved. Megan had Mackenzie stay to play for a few more hours and we had a relaxing afternoon while they played upstairs with her new things. She was super smiley all day. Mission accomplished.
12 comments:
You do such a beautiful job! Every detail is so pretty. Would you come over and help me decorate my 5-year old's bedroom? :)
What an awesome party! Everything looks amazing. With my birthday being only 3 days before Valentine's Day, I had a few Valentine's themed parties growing up. I always loved it. . . so girly and fun. I want to do one for Leah some year . . . we'll just have her party a few weeks before her birthday. I'll have to refer back to this post when that time comes!!! Happy Birthday again Emily!
So cute! (And thanks for the camera admission - I just got mine back and am not looking forward to getting to know how to use it.) The birthday looks so beautiful. How in the world do you find all of these cute ideas? In your head? You are amazing as usual. And I love Katie and Emily's hair. So cute. And I can't believe how long Megan's is! Wow.
Wow!! I'm glad you are going to be here to help me with Amy's open house!! Eveything is beautiful for Emily's party. where do you get your ideas?
It looks like such a fun party. Happy Birthday Party, Emily!!!
So cute. I'm still not sure I'll ever be like you in the fun cute creative department, but oh well. Maybe I could hire you as a birthday planner :)
Seriously, could you be a cuter mom?
Super cute idea! Spencer's birthday is in December too and we usually put it off until January. So much less stressful! :-) You ALWAYS do such creative and fun things for your kids birthdays! The effort and time you spend just makes it that much better and someday they'll understand how much effort you put into making them feel special and happy.
Way cute! But I need the details. ARe you able to get scrapbook paper there? did you have the toule or get it there? These are the things I'm a little stressed about. I love this kind of thing and I know I'll figure it out when we get there, but please put my mind at ease!!! Emily is so darling in all of the pics...I love the outfits the girls look darling to go with the theme!
Super fun birthday party! Such a cute birthday girl, and such cute birthday decor! Looks like so much fun!
Way cute party decoartions! What a fun idea for a birthday! Happy Birthday to Emily. She looks so grown up.
My Mum was born on December 1st, so I feel your pain. It's probably nowhere near as bad as a birthday so close to the 25th though. :)
Your notebooks look amazing too. I saw a similar thing done with composition notebooks, you just lined whatever paper you wanted up with the spine, folder it over the cover and glued it down, they looked fantastic. You always tend to think that you'd need a comb binding machine or something similar to make notebooks but it's not always the case.
(On a slight tangent, I actually did try to say "Ally, Emily, Ellie and Emma" five times fast. Didn't work. :P)
Post a Comment